breaking up fights

Started by jere8184, May 31, 2016, 07:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jere8184

when two of my colonists are trying to kill each other can i plz have the ability to break it up with another colonists before one of them is clubbed to death

Wex

I tought this was already a thing.
I actually tried to stop a fight.
It did not work.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

jere8184

It needs to be a thing and soon

cultist

I would prefer if the AI simply stopped the fight once a pawn reaches a certain pain threshold/damage to torso. People beating each other to death over minor quabbles is the rule rather than the exception. Do you have any idea how unlikely it is kill someone unarmed while they are still standing? Sure, once people are down you just wail on the head, but an actual fight between people standing up and actively participating in the fight will simply not kill a human being in most cases.

Kryc8

I found a way to make them stop fighting.
1. Turn developer mode in the options
2. Open debug menu
3. Select and then use "tool: down" option on one of colonist.
He will lose some health but it's nothing serious.

paja338

Hm, my colonists seem to stop fighting when one of them gets downed or they both beat each other enough but never to the death.

Now if a colonist went berserk I would understand since they don't shy from using their weapon in that case. If you are talking about going berserk its best to force the pawn thats close to breaking to drop his/her weapon so its only fists for them and to make those that you send to subdue them drop their weapons as well.

But as I said, social fights never resulted in fatalities in any of my games, scratched eyes and broken bones yes but nothing more.

jere8184

I was exaggerating abit but it seems that when social conflicts erupt melee weapons are used in combat (correct me if im wrong) this can result in some bad injuries plus I just dont like how my colonists just stand around as the two fighters beat them selves silly.

I think if people are neutral with both of the fighters they should be able to are able to break the fight up     

b0rsuk

They don't seem to use melee weapons in social fights, but they DO use them when berserking.

b0rsuk

There should be two ways to interrupt fights:
- Social, especially if the mediator is in good social relation with one of brawlers
- Separate them by force!! Based on Melee skill.

GhostPower

I've lost so many good colonists to Social Fights ;~;
Run away from the cats!

cultist

Quote from: jere8184 on June 01, 2016, 08:01:14 PM
I was exaggerating abit but it seems that when social conflicts erupt melee weapons are used in combat (correct me if im wrong)

You're wrong. They only use their hands even if the character model shows a weapon. Check the injuries after.
However, this doesn't change anything. They can still easily kill each other, mostly because the fight goes on for too long. Mine often don't stop until someone is downed or dead.
I still think the best solution is to limit a social fight to 4-5 blows per pawn max. That should eliminate most fatalities while maintaining the risk of scars. I also wouldn't mind if social fights were more common, as long as they only rarely result in deaths.

Lakuna

Quote from: jere8184 on May 31, 2016, 07:56:00 PM
when two of my colonists are trying to kill each other can i plz have the ability to break it up with another colonists before one of them is clubbed to death
I just send all of my colonists to beat the less favorable one to death.

b0rsuk

I just learned the hard way why I need to put armor vests even on my snipers.

Wex

One of my best shooters has now a scar on the eye by human fist. Great.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

FlyingGekko

The ability to break up fights would be great, I agree!

Also, another suggestion might be that social fights have a certain limit as to what kind of injuries can be inflicted? There could be a special case if someone has the "Bloodlust" trait, to make it interesting...
Social fights just happen so often, it can be a real hazard to the colonists!