Prisoners "jumping off" the bed and Irreparable things

Started by Reve, June 02, 2016, 07:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reve

Hi! :) I would like to report two bugs.
First:
If you take to bed one prisoner and second one is sleeping then that first one is going to sleep and the second is "popping out" of bed and needs resque. Its really hard to explain so I attached a save file. Try to take Reindeer to bed and watch what happens to Cai.
What I did before: I installed new beds in prison and removed sleeping spots while prisoners were sleeping on them.

Second bug:
I bet you already know it, because it's really common, but I'll report it by the way.
Sometimes if something breaks it's irreparable. I think it accours randomly. Check broken heater or battery in north-west of my base (near the farm).

That's all, wish you a lovely day! :P

@edit:
Forgot about save file. Here you are :)
http://www71.zippyshare.com/d/Yey4zcuo/4782273/Project%20Dharma.rws
PS The only mod I am using is a thing that makes more things movable, like research bench or traps. I'm sure that it doesn't affect on those bugs in any way.
English is not my native language, so.. feel free to correct me :P

milon

For the save file, we need both .rws and .rww (the world file in an adjacent folder).

For bug #1, you can always place a sleeping spot for the prisoner to prevent "needs rescue".  This might actually be working-as-designed.

For #2, that's an equipment breakdown.  You need Components to repair, and someone with the Repair job enabled.  If that's not what you're referring to, then please elaborate.

Either way, thanks for the reports!

Reve

http://www32.zippyshare.com/d/ooVqsPYU/1099243/SkatGomeisa.rww

Here you are, is it this what you need? ;)

For bug #1: Yeah, but it is something like no-ending loop. When I resque first prisoner, then the second one needs resque. When I resque second, magically the first one needs it. Well, check for yourself, you will find out what I mean :)

For bug #2: I know that I need it. Usually I dont have to do anything, because a minute after "breakdown" allert the broken thing is already repaired. But sometimes those breakdowns are bugged and there is nothing that can be done.
English is not my native language, so.. feel free to correct me :P

ison

Thank you for the savefile ;)

The first bug you mentioned is a true bug and it's already fixed. Thanks for reporting anyway.

The second one: it's because it's outside of your home area so colonists won't repair anything there. However, the right-click menu should probably say something like "outside of home area", currently it doesn't give any option when clicking on something outside of your home area so it can be confusing.