exploit: space need of colonist locked while sleeping

Started by matthiaskrgr, June 02, 2016, 12:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthiaskrgr

A sleeping colonist does not change their need for space.

If you have a very fast room with a 1x2 sleeping cell for a colonist inside (basically a bed surrounded by walls) and the colonist is tired and moves into the bed, they will actually have the "spacious interior" bonus from the large room around it, even while sleeping in 2-cell room since the sleep-meter does not adapt (fast enough)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Reve

Same happened to me. Colonist while sleeping had "very ugly enviroment" while his room was perfectly clean and the hallway was unbelievably dirty.
English is not my native language, so.. feel free to correct me :P

milon

I think that's working as designed.  It does take time for the meter to adjust, so the moodlet doesn't hit right away.  But in a 1x2, they can't do the Meditate joy activity (if that matters to you).  You need at least 1 tile free in the bedroom for Meditate.

But even a large spacious room doesn't give much of a buff overall, and moods don't change during sleep.  I don't think it's a big deal.  (My opinion only, of course.)

b0rsuk

Honestly it doesn't make sense for a colonist to be aware of his room while sleeping, unless he keeps bumping his head against the wall... and if a bed fits then a colonist fits too.

I think colonist suffer from these cramped ugly rooms while praying or meditating, although you could make a case meditating colonist shouldn't be aware.

ison

Thoughts like "spacious interior" aren't necessarily strictly related to the current room. They're just cumulated opinions about the environment, so it's not a bug. Thanks for reporting anyway ;)