Outdated versions

Started by Lakuna, June 04, 2016, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lakuna

Is there a place to download old/outdated versions? I would like to try to play alpha 1 or previous to see all of the changes that have been made. If not, no big deal, but I think it would be interesting to see.  :)

Jaxxa

Alitaria

I believe there was a thread a little while ago about older versions. Can't remember which board it was though.
I keep all the old versions I download so i think the earliest version I have is around A6-7.

You should also have access to the prototype pack as well if you really want to see the game in its fetus stage.
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

milon

There have been a couple threads about this, and Jaxxa is right - there isn't any way to access older versions.

Jaxxa

I would like it if a Zip file containing the previous versions could be added to SendOwl similar to how the Prototype pack is deployed.

Lakuna

Quote from: Alitaria on June 08, 2016, 06:28:03 PM
I believe there was a thread a little while ago about older versions. Can't remember which board it was though.
I keep all the old versions I download so i think the earliest version I have is around A6-7.

You should also have access to the prototype pack as well if you really want to see the game in its fetus stage.

I play on a mac, so I can't use the prototype pack, I think.
I keep my old versions, too, but the oldest I have is alpha 8.

Lonely Rogue

I got a new PC, and lost my versions. I only had to none, I think, anyway.

There was definitely another thread on this.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Coenmcj

There was definitely another thread on this.
Cause I remember teasing shinzy that I've got 0.0.254.  ;D
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

milon

Dang, that's got to be a collector's edition!  :D

You've got me beat!  My oldest version is Alpha 4 (4F, I think).  Even though I technically bought-in during A3.  ;)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: milon on June 21, 2016, 01:24:04 PM
Dang, that's got to be a collector's edition!  :D

You've got me beat!  My oldest version is Alpha 4 (4F, I think).  Even though I technically bought-in during A3.  ;)

It'd be interesting to see major features added in each alpha. Is there a chart showing that somewhere? Did a quick google search and didn't see anything better than what is on the wiki. That shows update history by date, but not really the major changes. So if anyone knows of something better, I'd love to see it.

milon

I've personally lost track of what was added when, and don't know of a list.  If anyone has that info, it would be cool to keep track in the wiki.

Jaxxa

Looks like I am tied with Coenmcj, go team 254 :)

On a Serious Note the best place that I have found for looking over the changes are on the ludeon Blog: https://ludeon.com/blog/page/6/

That still has all the posts back to Alpha 1

There is also the kickstarter updates, although for the most part they appear to mirror what is on the blog. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tynansylvester/rimworld/updates

And linked from the blog there is tynansylvester on youtube to watch all the videos that he does about each new alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tynansylvester/videos

Coenmcj

Woo Jaxxa!
iirc, A1 or A2 was "The modding alpha", one of these also turned the glorious stockpiles in the sky into our current landbound ones we have today.
Gosh, it's been so long.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

skullywag

i have a 1** version think its like 192 or something, complete with landing pads, crop grow area building, and about 6 buildings to build in all, its like all content seen in 2 mins.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?