Guard Mode

Started by Mikhail Reign, June 06, 2016, 09:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Reign

I dunno about anyone else, but when I get mad animals I simply post an armed pawn or two between the camp and the animal and let it charge and die.

i suggest the at 'Hunting' tab be re-labeled something like 'Combat' (but better) and it also cover things such as Manning guard posts or walking a simple patrol. Pawns could get a slow increase in shooting or something to represent 'training'.

To tie in with this, we could get fewer alerts about things not coming directly from colonists (illnesses, damage and the like alerts would stay the same; mad animals and attacks would get alerts when posted pawns 'see' the event). This would bring some of the stats into it a bit more (sight, hearing).

This would also mean that attacks could be toned down in size, but thrust upon semi prepared players to keep it competitive. Seieges could be made larger, as they should be, to account for the player most likely noticing it.

Kegereneku

I would suggest a different "Gard/Draft" mode : simply a Draft-mode where one can leave his position to eat/sleep.
It's not like it would be needed outside Event with a temporary looming threat (I wish the man-hunter didn't rush the base and simply wandered around).

I disagree with redefining entirely "Hunting" like that. It's made to make hunting a specific animal into a job and predator/mad animal killed within the home-zone will already be considered free-meat.

As a way to train for combat, the increase would need to be very very small or it's going to be abused, also, it shouldn't be easier to train than all other skills, colonists are meant to have their own differences

I don't think "Attack Event" should be made continual harassment, combat and siege isn't the main goal of this game. Siege getting to big would also overshadow other events.

[/opinion]
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

b0rsuk

The only area where I would like to see this implemented is animals. Bonded animals and animals with Obedience could be set on guard and would follow a colonist. This would actually be useful when hunting (as soon as friendly fire is removed... or for melee hunters). Animals have little else to do.

Mikhail Reign

Well currently events aren't even that. Seieges are things dealt with quickly for free metal at no real risk.

Also I don't see how having a pawn stand guard in return for some shorting skill is unbalanced. A cook can be made to cook all day. Crafter can craft. Currently playing horseshoes and shooting people in the face are the only way to increased shooting. Why can't I train my milita?

Lonely Rogue

I concur with your analysis of Rimworld's shortcomings presently revolving around combat.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?