[A13] The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch - JuliaEllie - A13Update

Started by milon, June 06, 2016, 06:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 26, 2015, 02:17:26 AM

Hey guys,

this is the new mod - the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. Its single use but very powerful.

" And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it. " - Book of Armaments, chapter two.

Have fun!

This mod was made during stream - thanks to everyone who was there <3

Now updated for Alpha 13 goodness!

This mod adds a single grenade-type weapon to the game, and "should" be compatible with virtually every other mod.  It is untested with other mods, so please report any problems!

Known Issues

• None

License
Anyone is free to to include this mod in modpacks, examine the code, make their own versions, adapt segments of it, etc.  Credit & notification must be given to JuliaEllie (original author).  Crediting and/or notifying me is optional.

Dynastiew

Excelent mod!

So when will we see the banana bomb from worms   ;D.

RazorHed

Interesting.  Is there a way to have a weapon that disappears like a triple rocket launcher have a set number of uses instead of one time only?

milon

With only XML edits, no.  You can specify a melee weapon, a regular ranged weapon, or a one-shot ranged weapon.  Anything else would require a C#/dll mod (and you can do pretty much anything once you get into that).

RazorHed

Dynastiew

milon

I've definitely been thinking along those lines.  And I'm not getting into C# stuff.

Unfortunately the AlphaBeaver incident is hardcoded to summon Alpha Beavers.  :(

I could go the manhunter route, but that requires the manhunting Animal to be a native to that biome.  In other words, there could be cute & cuddly killer rabbits that don't bother your pawns unless you try hunting them.  I'll have to think on this more...

In the meantime, I'm not an artist, but I could make use of RimWorld-style graphics for a Killer Rabbit or a Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh or something.  *wink, wink*

Listen1

"This is nothing but a flesh wound" Thought

Yeah... I can see a mounty python mod

joaonunes

Quote from: Flying Rockbass on June 07, 2016, 01:24:20 PM
"This is nothing but a flesh wound" Thought

Yeah... I can see a mounty python mod

*loses both arms and both legs*
"Lets call it a draw" +5 mood

But seriously, adding some kind of area similar to the ones that hold "ancient dangers" but with a killer rabbit guarding it would be great :D
And of course the rabbit could only be killed by the grenade ;)
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

joaonunes

Quote from: milon on June 07, 2016, 01:05:37 PM
I've definitely been thinking along those lines.  And I'm not getting into C# stuff.

Unfortunately the AlphaBeaver incident is hardcoded to summon Alpha Beavers.  :(

I could go the manhunter route, but that requires the manhunting Animal to be a native to that biome.  In other words, there could be cute & cuddly killer rabbits that don't bother your pawns unless you try hunting them.  I'll have to think on this more...

In the meantime, I'm not an artist, but I could make use of RimWorld-style graphics for a Killer Rabbit or a Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh or something.  *wink, wink*

Sooo wouldn't it be possible to create a similar event but with rabbits? How hardcoded is it? How did the guys who made "Crash Landing" do their mod? Maybe different mechanics hence the hardcoded event?

milon

I just added the license to the OP.  My bad.  ^_^

Anyway, the AlphaBeaver event is hardcoded in that the game activates workerClass "IncidentWorker_Alphabeavers" which isn't defined within the XML content.  It's defined in the compiled libraries, which puts it in the C# realm and out of my reach.  I don't do C# stuff, and I realize now that I didn't actually say that above.  Sorry for the confusion!

The Crash Landing mod is also a C# mod, which lets you accomplish virtually anything you can think of.  Anyone with C# knowledge could copypasta the AlphaBeavers incident into a wandering Rabit of Caerbannog incident.  I'm just saying it's beyond me, and it's not a skill that I'm going to be pursuing.  But anyone who is skilled/interested is most certainly welcome to do so!  (See the newly added license.)

joaonunes

Quote from: milon on June 08, 2016, 08:14:43 AM
I just added the license to the OP.  My bad.  ^_^

Anyway, the AlphaBeaver event is hardcoded in that the game activates workerClass "IncidentWorker_Alphabeavers" which isn't defined within the XML content.  It's defined in the compiled libraries, which puts it in the C# realm and out of my reach.  I don't do C# stuff, and I realize now that I didn't actually say that above.  Sorry for the confusion!

The Crash Landing mod is also a C# mod, which lets you accomplish virtually anything you can think of.  Anyone with C# knowledge could copypasta the AlphaBeavers incident into a wandering Rabit of Caerbannog incident.  I'm just saying it's beyond me, and it's not a skill that I'm going to be pursuing.  But anyone who is skilled/interested is most certainly welcome to do so!  (See the newly added license.)

I could try... just need to remove the random number generator so only one spawns and change the messages, right? :P

...the problem is making them stronger or making them unkillable except by the grenades, that is beyond my current skills...

milon

I assume you'd need to either remove and RNG or else find a way to specify that it should spawn 1 creature.

And stronger is easy - any vanilla animal is fairly easy, and you just give it more health/speed/whatever.

And making them unkillable except by the grenade should be possible as an xml-only.  :)
Steps:
#1 - Create a new damage type (ie. Holy)
#2 - Create a new animal that's invulnerable to Blunt, Electric, Sharp, and maybe Heat.  See <ArmorRating_Blunt> etc. The value for invulnerable would likely be 10 or 100, testing needed.
#3 - Profit!  (The new animal isn't immune to Holy, and neither is anything else.)  Mwa ha ha!

If you want to do that, I'll help you out if you need it.  Also, see my A13 xml auto-documentation (link in sig).

joaonunes

Alright. Maybe after all the exams I'll start development in both my mod and this idea, whichever sounds faster to accomplish :)

EDIT: To be honest, I try to avoid c# but I'd more easily rush into a c# only mod than to a mod where I'd need to use xml files... I need to learn how to get the tags from the xml files :P

EDIT 2: The xml on your signature helps A LOT though, should have found it earlier xD

EDIT 3: There is a damage type called "IgnoreArmor", which does exactly what it sounds like. It acts as if there wasn't any armor at all and the pawn receives full damage from the attack. Making the rabbit resistant to all damage types (except IgnoreArmor of course) either by making him invulnerable or by boosting his armor stats by ridiculous amounts should work :D

I don't really mind doing a bit of c# coding, next week I'll even have c# classes (lucky me xD up until now I was having JSP and PHP...), but I could use a hand at the xml files :D