[A13] Mod MEGA PACK - reloaded

Started by crusader2010, June 07, 2016, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Hello everyone!  :D

I have reposted this pack in order to make room for more information in the future, since the previous thread was very close to the character limit.

IMPORTANT:

• This pack includes two mods that I modified slightly to try and get rid of the reported errors: LT_NoCleaningPlease and CombatRealism! If you find any game breaking issues please replace the .dll file from the "\[mod_name]\Assemblies\" folder with the one from "\[mod_name]\ORIGINAL DLL\". I did test them just now and everything SHOULD work fine - no "NULL" pawn errors, automatic turrets working, no "TraverseParms" errors, pawns not getting stuck while cleaning.

• If you find any errors/bugs related to any mod, please check that mod's thread and this thread for previous occurrences! If the issue is not known, make sure you write a reply/PM to inform that mod's author about it!

• The Combat Realism mod is at its last version (1.6.5) before NoImageAvailable ceased development for it. Please report any errors related to loadouts or other CR-related misbehavior IN THAT THREAD (also search for Skullywag's Github link for CR bug reporting!).

• Make sure you always exit the game and reenter it after going into the Mods menu, even if you did not do any changes. If not, you may experience strange behaviors in your games or they might even become corrupted(i.e. unable to make things work properly).

DOWNLOAD LINK: LINK (latest version: v9.3, date: 09-06-2016; for MacOS use Keka or 7zX to extract, Winrar 5.0+ or 7zip otherwise)

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS/TUTORIALS:

NOTES:

• If you're interested in making power armor helmets invisible, just comment/delete the following line from \Mods\CombatRealism\Defs\ThingDefs\Apparel_Hats.xml:
    <worngraphicPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/PowerArmorHelmet/PowerArmorHelmet</worngraphicPath>

• - The Rimsenal Security, AutoEquip and LT_RedistHeat are not currently working properly with this pack, thus I'm keeping them disabled; AreaUnlocker and DarknessRevamp have been disabled only for convenience - you may use them without issues. The AreaUnlocker mod seems to cause the problems ONLY on Linux/Mac; for me it's working perfectly, so you can keep it enabled if it works for you too (see mods' list for ordering).

• - There is a simple method for changing the mods list when you want to play with more versions of them: start the game with the -savedatafolder="X:\path_to_other_folder\other_folder\" option. This way you can point the game to load from a different save data folder. This includes the ModsConfig.xml so it's actually really easy to switch between playing different mod packs. The game will automatically create the subfolders "Config" and "Saves" if it does not find them at startup. Thank you MarvinKosh for this piece of information!

KNOWN ISSUES:

• - The CombatRealism mod used to bug out sometimes - either with a "TraverseParms" error or a "NULL" pawn error. I've made a few changes to the .dll file that will hopefully solve those errors. Let me know how it goes!

• - The LT_NoCleaningPlease mod used to bug out sometimes - your colonists got stuck cleaning. I've made a few changes to the .dll file that will hopefully solve those errors. Let me know how it goes! This does not guarantee the mod won't bug out if you add more mods that influence terrain (e.g. Terraforming)!!

• - The Rimworld Westernization mod may generate some error messages and may have some weapons bugged! Consider disabling it if anything game-breaking happens and make sure you let the author know about it!

• - There is a mod overlap regarding hidden power conduits(you can ignore the research). This overlap is harmless and should be ignored; I simply did not want to edit the mods.

• - The 81mm mortar seems to appear 3 times in the Security tab after researching everything.

• - The blueprints you setup will not remain in the list after you save and load the saved game (not sure if this is intended).

• - The ED-MoreVanillaTurrets mod doesn't seem to work with the latest turret improvements from CombatRealism. The turrets do work but they don't require ammo and such. If you find they are overpowered, simply disable the mod. Also, I modified one of the XML definitions of this mod to make Vulcan Cannons work (they weren't firing at all).

User guide to install:

1. Delete or move all mods from the "\Rimworld\Mods" folder (except "Core").
2. Go to:

• For Windows users: C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config

• (make sure you have the Hidden Files and Folders option enabled in your file manager if you explore through the path toward this folder).
  • For Linux users: "/home/[your user name]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config"
  • For Mac users: "/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/RimWorld/Config"
Delete(or move/backup) all the files that exist in that folder and copy the new "ModsConfig.xml" file, which is at the root of the attached mod pack archive, in the Config folder.
3. Extract the archive(i.e. the folders) into the "\Rimworld\Mods" directory.
4. Start the game, check that the mods appear correctly (through the menu) and play!

CHANGELOG:

• 15. Date: 09-06-2016 - Pack version v9.3 - Updated: ED-ReverseCycleCooler, Hospitality to v1.13c. Verified that the pack works properly with a fresh start.

• 14. Date: 07-06-2016 - Pack version v9.2 - WILL REQUIRE A NEW COLONY! Updated: Caveworld Flora, ED-Plants24h, ED-Omnigel, ED-MoreVanillaTurrets, CCL to version v0.13.3; cleaned up the code for the changed .dll for LT_NoCleaningPlease - should work properly unless you add mods that alter terrain features that conflict with this mod; rechecked and retested that the changed .dll for CombatRealism works without the "NULL" pawns and "TraverseParms" errors.

• 13. Date: 02-06-2016 - Pack version v9.1 - Changed the assembly of CombatRealism to fix an issue with the automatic turrets (they were not firing anymore).

• 12. Date: 01-06-2016 - Pack version v9 - Updated Hospitality mod to v1.13b and VeinMiner. Re-enabled ED-Autoloader. Made a few changes to the assemblies of LT_NoCleaningPlease and CombatRealism to try and fix some of the reported errors. Added the Extended Storage mod. Might require a new colony to play! Make sure you read the "IMPORTANT" section!

• 11. Date: 24-05-2016 - Pack version v8 - Updated Hospitality mod to v1.13 (now has CR compatibility) and the KNOWN ISSUES section; disabled DarknessRevamp and AreaUnlocker mods to prevent some reported issues - if you want/need them, do enable them again(check the mods' list for ordering)!; added the AnimalHideWorking mod, and the CombatRealism patch for ED-Shields.

• 10. Date: 20-05-2016 - Pack version v7.1 - Updated CCL to version 0.13.2.1. This will get rid of the bug with loading saved games!

• 9. Date: 19-05-2016 - Pack version v7 - Updated CCL to v0.13.2; updated CR to v1.6.51. Added more mods: LT_Soiling, DarknessRevamp(brighter)+more lights addon, More Traits. Updated the KNOWN ISSUES section.

• 1. Initial release

My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

crusader2010

ORDERED MOD LIST:

• Core
  • CCL - by - CCL Team - LINK
  • CCL Vanilla Tweaks - by - CCL Team - LINK
  • EdB Mod Order - by - EdB - LINK
  • Darkness Revamp(SB) - by - Panggul_mas&Cram&Viceroy - LINK
  • Darkness Revamp Lights - by - Panggul_mas&Cram - LINK
  • Power Switch - by - Haplo - LINK
  • Miscellaneous CORE - by - Haplo - LINK
  • Miscellaneous Map Generator - by - Haplo - LINK
  • Miscellaneous Incidents - by - Haplo - LINK
  • More Sun Lamps - by - Rock5 - LINK
  • Heated Sun Lamps - by - Dismar - LINK
  • Recycle - by - Encode - LINK
  • RoofBomb - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Enhanced Tabs - by - Fluffy (l2032) - LINK
  • Dermal Regenerator - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Additional Lighting - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Vein Miner - by - Julia Ellie & Gentz & Jackarbiter - LINK
  • Allow Tool - by - UnlimitedHugs - LINK
  • Smart Bears - by - Scaphismus - LINK
  • Less Incident Trolling - by - MarvinKosh - LINK
  • RT Fuse - by - Ratys - LINK
  • RT Solar Flare Shielding - by - Ratys - LINK
  • ---- Hospitality was here and got moved after CR! ----
  • EdB Colonist Bar - by - EdB - LINK
  • DE Surgeries - by - DarknessEyes - LINK
  • Trade-12 - by - Shurp - LINK
  • ED-Autoloader - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Omnigel - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-SubspaceTransponder - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Moat - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Embrasures - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Laser Drill - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Plants 24H - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Reinforced Stuff - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Shields - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-ClosableVent - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-PoweredVent - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-ReverseCycleCooler - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • Better Coolers - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Better Vents - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • ED-ReverseCycleCooler patch for BetterCoolers - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-ClosableVent patch for BetterVents - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-PoweredVents patch for BetterVents - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • Extended Fabrics - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • No Fighting! - by - Happydacat - LINK
  • Fences - by - ItchyFlea - LINK
  • Modular Tables - by - ItchyFlea - LINK
  • Numbers! - by - Koisama - LINK
  • Area Unlocker - by - Fluffy (l2032) - LINK
  • Blueprints - by - Fluffy (l2032) - LINK
  • Medical Info - by - Fluffy (l2032) - LINK
  • BiomeSpawnTweak - by - Igabod - LINK
  • Ocean Biome - by - Jakub k. & Knainoa - LINK
  • Bulk Meals - by - Igabod - LINK
  • M&Co.: Mobile Mineral Sonar - by - Rikiki - LINK
  • Caveworld Flora - by - Rikiki - LINK
  • LT_NoCleaningPlease - by - Latta & Fluffy(l2032) - LINK
  • LT_Soiling - by - Latta - LINK
  • More Traits - by - TheFlameTouched - LINK
  • More Vanilla Turrets - by - Jaxxa & Marnador - LINK
  • Combat Realism - by - NoImageAvailable - LINK
  • Combat Realism Defence - by - NoImageAvailable - LINK
  • ED-Shields patch for CombatRealism - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • ED-Embrasures patch for CombatRealism - by - Jaxxa - LINK
  • Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering - by - Ykara - LINK
  • Combat Realism EPOE Patch - by - NoImageAvailable - LINK
  • High Caliber - by - eatKenny - LINK
  • High Caliber Combat Realism patch - by - eatKenny - LINK
  • Rimfire for CombatRealism - by - Alistaire - LINK
  • Rimworld Westernization Project - by - JackeryFox - LINK
  • Miscellaneous CORE patch for CR - by - Haplo - LINK
  • Hospitality - by - Orion - LINK
  • CompletTechSolution - by - Kexici - LINK
  • Solars Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Thermals Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Batteries Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Conduits Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • SmallSolars Stuffed - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • Fast Floors - by - Igabod - LINK
  • Stonecutting Tweak - by - ItchyFlea - LINK
  • SkilledBuilder (Off) - by - Shadwar - LINK
  • Trade Request: Caravans - by - Kaizyn - LINK
  • Animu Hair - by - Shinzy - LINK
  • Rimsenal Hair - by - Rooki1 - LINK
  • Xeva Hair - by - Orion - LINK
  • Rimsenal Storyteller - by - Rooki1 - LINK
  • More Furniture - by - Anonemous2 - LINK
  • Mad Skills (Tiered) - by - Ratys - LINK
  • Component Factory - by - Wildcard82 - LINK
  • Extended Storage - by - Skullywag - LINK
  • AnimalHideWorking - by - ItchyFlea - LINK

crusader2010

crusader2010

crusader2010

crusader2010

crusader2010

crusader2010

Added version v9.2 of the pack. See CHANGELOG 14 for details.
Will require a new colony to play!

Incompatibility

Hey, love the pack, but is there any way to make the some of the crafting tables less cluttered? The machining table and reloading bench especially, there's just way too many things to craft at one bench. Is it possible to split the weapon crafting into separate benches based on research?

SuedKAT

I've been playing RimWorld for about a week now, love these kinds of games and think I've spent roughly 50-60 hours on it so far. As usual it didn't take me long to check if the game had any mods and been trying this pack now for at least 40 hours of game play, must say, I love it since it gives a more natural progression curve and a larger diversity.

However I've found some bugs with the Blueprints mod, well perhaps not bugs, but more things that is wise to keep in mind:

If I create a bedroom, with all the furniture (especially the heater) etc in it or a turret placement with the Vulcan gun as an example and then create a blueprint of that room/location and rotate it, the graphics also gets rotated on some stuff. The heaters looks especially funny and the base of the Vulcan gun is all of a sudden a hexagon instead of a square. This mostly happens in "God Mode" but it also happens frequently while in regular mode, they still work as they should though.

If you place a power line on top of an existing power line with a blueprint one ain't always canceled out which leads to two power lines in the same location, leading to errors the severely lag out my game. This mostly happens in "God Mode" but it also happens frequently while in regular mode. This can on rare occasion happen if I build any power generating thing on top of a place were I previously had a power line as well. I've spent quite some time hunting down were I might have put a power line on top of another now.

Quite frequently I also have issues with grass coming through the floor if I have a potted plant in the blueprint, I think it depends on what is built first, the floor or the potted plant. In "God Mode" I need to remove and replace any potted plants to get rid of this.

This is perhaps more a bug/thing with that particular mod and not the pack itself, but you might be able to fix/tweak it nonetheless.

I also wish to suggest this mod I found to be added to the pack "Vegetable Garden": https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0
Works to my experience without issues with the pack and adds just as much diversity on the food side as the rest of the pack have in other areas.

Ohh and lastly I've been looking for a mod or some way to alter the trade window a tiny bit. Lets say that I have 400 of X and it sells for 10$/X, I want to sell as much as possible but the trader only have 2000$ so I can only sell 200 of X to the trader. Right now this means that I have to click 200 times on the + arrow to add yet another thing for sale, this is extremely cumbersome, is there any way around this? A simple solution would be that when you press >> you only sell the amount of stuff the trader actually can afford and not every single item of X that you own or the ability to alter the number by just typing 200. Or am I simply missing something?

// SuedKAT

crusader2010

Quote from: SuedKAT on June 07, 2016, 05:56:35 PM
I've been playing RimWorld for about a week now, love these kinds of games and think I've spent roughly 50-60 hours on it so far. As usual it didn't take me long to check if the game had any mods and been trying this pack now for at least 40 hours of game play, must say, I love it since it gives a more natural progression curve and a larger diversity.

However I've found some bugs with the Blueprints mod, well perhaps not bugs, but more things that is wise to keep in mind:

If I create a bedroom, with all the furniture (especially the heater) etc in it or a turret placement with the Vulcan gun as an example and then create a blueprint of that room/location and rotate it, the graphics also gets rotated on some stuff. The heaters looks especially funny and the base of the Vulcan gun is all of a sudden a hexagon instead of a square. This mostly happens in "God Mode" but it also happens frequently while in regular mode, they still work as they should though.

If you place a power line on top of an existing power line with a blueprint one ain't always canceled out which leads to two power lines in the same location, leading to errors the severely lag out my game. This mostly happens in "God Mode" but it also happens frequently while in regular mode. This can on rare occasion happen if I build any power generating thing on top of a place were I previously had a power line as well. I've spent quite some time hunting down were I might have put a power line on top of another now.

Quite frequently I also have issues with grass coming through the floor if I have a potted plant in the blueprint, I think it depends on what is built first, the floor or the potted plant. In "God Mode" I need to remove and replace any potted plants to get rid of this.

This is perhaps more a bug/thing with that particular mod and not the pack itself, but you might be able to fix/tweak it nonetheless.

I also wish to suggest this mod I found to be added to the pack "Vegetable Garden": https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0
Works to my experience without issues with the pack and adds just as much diversity on the food side as the rest of the pack have in other areas.

Ohh and lastly I've been looking for a mod or some way to alter the trade window a tiny bit. Lets say that I have 400 of X and it sells for 10$/X, I want to sell as much as possible but the trader only have 2000$ so I can only sell 200 of X to the trader. Right now this means that I have to click 200 times on the + arrow to add yet another thing for sale, this is extremely cumbersome, is there any way around this? A simple solution would be that when you press >> you only sell the amount of stuff the trader actually can afford and not every single item of X that you own or the ability to alter the number by just typing 200. Or am I simply missing something?

// SuedKAT

For the blueprint issues, you should contact the author of that mod. Maybe he can do something about it. I know about them, but my free time is very limited and usually spent debugging mods that can generate game-breaking bugs, when/if I play Rimworld; that doesn't mean I am always successful in my bug correction adventure... knowing C# is not enough since I'm really not familiar with the game's code. :)
Vegetable garden wasn't compatible with this pack last time I checked. If it works for you, keep it and play, but watch out for problems related to those plants.
About the trading window, I think only Rimworld's creator can help with this (and probably some of the very skilled modders) :) you should probably post your suggestion(s) somewhere in a corresponding forum.

PS: drag-clicking left/right over the quantity of items you want to buy/sell to a trader will speed up the change in quantity.

Jaxxa

I suggest that you edit the First post of the original thread to make it clear that it is now out of date and they should go here.

crusader2010

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 07, 2016, 07:27:28 PM
I suggest that you edit the First post of the original thread to make it clear that it is now out of date and they should go here.

I will do that as soon as possible! Thanks :)

Oga88

Big THANKS on the regular update of the mod pack!!! :)

Also for the reply in your earlier post. ;)

Fridolin

hey crusader, some question about bulk meals. in vanilla you can use eggs for lavish meals. but in this mod, the four or eight lavish meals can't use eggs.. don't know it's a bug or the author forgot some line in the recipedefs? i did take a look, but there is no way for me to override the mod recipedef.