[A13] Mod MEGA PACK - reloaded

Started by crusader2010, June 07, 2016, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autosleep

Quote from: Hyena on June 09, 2016, 11:55:05 PM
And now I'm having a problem where I cannot load saves made with the pack. From a fresh install, started a new world/colony, played for a bit, tried to load a save, and got an error just like Spencerroo9.

I'm having the same problem. Fresh install, new world/colony, save gets corrupted.

crusader2010

Like I said before, you should ask in the respective threads. Might be some bugs with those mods. For CR, backup the .dll from the \Assemblies folder and copy over the one from \ORIGINAL DLL. Let me know if you get the same errors.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

magik20

There was a mod that automatically swapped out gear if it was worn out

I cant seem to find it, but is it compatible with this modpack?  Is there a similar feature already installed?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: magik20 on June 10, 2016, 11:50:58 AM
There was a mod that automatically swapped out gear if it was worn out

I cant seem to find it, but is it compatible with this modpack?  Is there a similar feature already installed?

Don't they do that in vanilla, as long as you setup an outfit with limits? Is there some mod that takes this further?

darkedone02

I like this modpack but what I don't like is not having anything that can drain these watery places and replace them somewhere else. I need a mod that is compatible with this one that drains water and/or move it somewhere else.

gorathtar

Quote from: crusader2010 on June 09, 2016, 06:05:55 PM
Hopefully you got the updated versions. I'm glad you made it work. That's exactly the kind of problem I was having when the game did not load the definitions properly. Consider reinstalling the game too.

*EDIT*: the mods from this pack ARE the latest (updated) versions. I suggest you read the changelog next time.

QuoteSo I am having a problem with loading a colony. I have reinstalled the game and mod a few times, but every time I save a game whether just as the colonists land or 4 hours in, I can not load the game without getting an error telling me to check the log.

Unless you read that log it's impossible to tell what happens. Make sure you got the last version of the pack, and that you created a new world and colony. Some mods were changed that would generate such error if on their previous versions.

It seams you didn't understand or chose to ignore what I said. The mod files you have in your mod pack need to be replaced with new copies of those mods from the MOD CREATORS posts because the mods in your pack are BUGGED.

The problem the other guy is having with loading saved games will be fixed once he replaces the cave flora mods and the ED mods with fresh downloads of those mods from the mod creator site. he will also need to replace the rimsenal security mod as well. Once he replaces those mods his games should load just fine.

Havocprime

Unfortunately I'm having issues with the mod pack as well, which is strange because it works perfectly fine on my work-PC at the office. I can save and load all day with absolutely no issues.

I haven't edited or modified any of the files, followed the installation instructions precisely as you wrote them from a fresh install, making sure to delete my Ludeon folder from LocalLow and launching the vanilla version of the game once to recreate those folders before adding anything. Yet I cannot load saves either. I get to "loading assets 90%" and then receive "An error has occurred while loading a map. See error log for more information."

I tried Gorathtar's 'fix' and manually updated all of the mods, launched my game, opened the mod window, closed the mod window, closed my game, relaunched, and attempted to load: nothing. Failed at 90% again. I'm not sure where the log file is that the error message is referring to but If somebody can help me find it I'd be more than happy to post it.

I'd really like to help find the issues in question and resolve them so that nobody else has this issue in the future because I sincerely enjoy this mod pack.

Havocprime

Fixed! I hope...

After an hour of trying all sorts of various things like running in compatibility mode vs launching as administrator I decided to manually turn on all the mods (in order) and see if that would do anything, and it did!

Previously I couldn't load ANY save file. Even if I had fresh installed the game, the mods, and made a new world- new colony- and saved the moment the game started; I wasn't able to load.

It was a huge pain in the ass and I had to have both the mod-list and game open side by side to do it- but manually checking the mods (in order) fixed my loading issue.

• Delete Rimworld entirely (including ludeon folder in %appdata%)
  • Unzip Rimworld onto desktop
  • Launch Rimworld
  • Close the game
  • Open mods directory and paste all of the mods into it (leaving core obviously)
  • Launch Rimworld a second time
  • Click mods
  • Check each mod on, in order that they appear in Crusader's list
  • Close Rimworld
  • Relaunch Rimworld
  • Enjoy

I have no idea if this will work for others, but it just worked for me. It's an absolute pain in the ass to do manually and I have no way to verify how this magically fixed the load issue, but if you're like me and you're really bummed that this amazing modpack can only be played for a night because all of your saves go corrupt, and you're looking for that shot in the dark to fix it. Who knows, try it.

Edit: Also I just attempted this on a friends computer and it worked again. He had lost his favorite colony build to a power outage and when he tried to reload he received the same load error as I did. Manually setting up your mod-load might also recover old saves, it did in his case.

After manually enabling all of the mods and restarting his game he loaded his save and received a message that essentially said <old mod order was x, new mod order is y> so he hit okay, saved again- and then restarted and reloaded his game with absolutely no issue.

Good luck out there!

crusader2010

Quote from: gorathtar on June 10, 2016, 06:30:40 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on June 09, 2016, 06:05:55 PM
Hopefully you got the updated versions. I'm glad you made it work. That's exactly the kind of problem I was having when the game did not load the definitions properly. Consider reinstalling the game too.

*EDIT*: the mods from this pack ARE the latest (updated) versions. I suggest you read the changelog next time.

QuoteSo I am having a problem with loading a colony. I have reinstalled the game and mod a few times, but every time I save a game whether just as the colonists land or 4 hours in, I can not load the game without getting an error telling me to check the log.

Unless you read that log it's impossible to tell what happens. Make sure you got the last version of the pack, and that you created a new world and colony. Some mods were changed that would generate such error if on their previous versions.

It seams you didn't understand or chose to ignore what I said. The mod files you have in your mod pack need to be replaced with new copies of those mods from the MOD CREATORS posts because the mods in your pack are BUGGED.

The problem the other guy is having with loading saved games will be fixed once he replaces the cave flora mods and the ED mods with fresh downloads of those mods from the mod creator site. he will also need to replace the rimsenal security mod as well. Once he replaces those mods his games should load just fine.

I am not CHOOSING to ignore anything. Actually you chose to do that. I specifically remove the affected mods when getting a new version and unzipping the new one. Just to avoid these kinds of issues! I also played 3 fresh starts (removing all the folders and unzipping the archive of this pack + same for the configs) and have yet to encounter any problems. Which means the problem is on your end OR with the game itself. I cannot search for solutions for something that doesn't occur (ever) in my games... And I suggest you tone down your words a bit; I am not your enemy, nor anyone else here. It's frustrating to have issues with saves and such but that doesn't mean it's my fault or this pack's. Why is it working for many others then?!

Thank you Havocprime. Hopefully your solution works for everyone blaming the pack when it's clear (to me) that something else is at fault here.

LetheNyx

just a heads up, you include auto-equip but have it disabled because its "not working right"... In the front section of the CR forums there's a small section where it lists patches and there's a patch for auto-equip. The following link points to the patch, it might be helpful to include it since you want to include auto-equip.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.msg215932#msg215932

crusader2010

Quote from: LetheNyx on June 11, 2016, 02:56:42 PM
just a heads up, you include auto-equip but have it disabled because its "not working right"... In the front section of the CR forums there's a small section where it lists patches and there's a patch for auto-equip. The following link points to the patch, it might be helpful to include it since you want to include auto-equip.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.msg215932#msg215932

Thanks. I'll look into it! I'm not sure CR is the only mod incompatible with AutoEquip, but i'll test them as soon as i can.

GrimTrigger

I noticed someone earlier in the thread experienced issues with coolers... so I know I'm not alone.  I ran into issues with loading save games after closing the game and went through a series of troubleshooting steps.

I deleted rimworld to include everything from appdata.
Unzipped the game and added the mods from this megapack.
I then manually selected each mod in the order listed on the 1st page of this thread.
(edit) forgot to mention that after selecting the mod order is when I started an actual game.

My issue isn't that the coolers are invisible (anymore), the issue is the coolers don't cool... at all.  The only mods that I am not using from the megapack are "No fighting" (out of preference), "AutoEquip", "rimsenal security" and the "Lt-heatredist" mods (as suggested).

Any idea what in the world the problem could be?  Any help is appreciated.

Havocprime

Grim, stupid question but- Have you tried using the pink side of the cooler?
In vanilla they have red/blue to designate heat/cold, in the mod pack its White/Pink, White being the exhaust and pink being the cooling side. I only ask because I was extremely confused by this when I started with the mod pack.

Spencerroo9

Can confirm Havocprime's method fixed my loading problem. Thankyou for doing all the hard work so lazy people like me don't have to.  8)

Havocprime

Quote from: Spencerroo9 on June 12, 2016, 01:10:02 AM
Can confirm Havocprime's method fixed my loading problem. Thankyou for doing all the hard work so lazy people like me don't have to.  8)

Haha I'm glad it worked for someone! Hopefully this issue gets resolved with an easier fix than doing everything manually. But I'm glad things work for you!