What games are coming out in July?

Started by Tynan, June 09, 2016, 11:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Usually, as a developer, you want to avoid launching a game really close to the launch of another major game that attracts the same audience.

For example, it would have been bad to launch RimWorld very close to Factorio.

I'm looking at games that are going to launch in July and trying to see if there's any I should avoid. Maybe you know of one?

Do any of y'all know about a game with a similar audience as RimWorld (the game doesn't have to be similar) coming out around then? I'm doing my own research but I don't want to miss something.

Thanks in advance.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Vaporisor

Hrm... Not many.  July is usually the slump.  The only big name is a batman on console I am aware of.  No similar indie games I know of or have seen on the youtubers I watch.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Songleaves

I don't know how many people are into them. But I've been watching the GDQs since the beginning. This year Summer Games Done Quick will be streamed 3–10 July, and I'll probably be watching their stream more than playing games myself.

Admiral Obvious

It's a bit early in the month right now, but it doesn't appear that anything remotely close to Rim World is being released anywhere any time soon, although Dwarf Fortress will likely get another update before July (and that will likely occupy my time).

I don't know when the Steam summer sale is exactly, but I think it's during July. It's probably a bad idea to release anything then, because EVERYONE expects some sort of sale, if you buy anything there at that time.

makapse

Stellaris might not be a similar game to this, but i have noticed while i play on kongregate that the MMOs i play there have people with very similar likes in chat (i found many games that were MADE for me from there including this and factorio) and people that like this and factorio also were hyped on Stellaris and it is scheduled to have the first major final bug fixing and updates to make how the game was marketed around july end and going by paradox's policy there would most likely not be a dlc for 3 months so anywhere after a week or 2 after or before that would be good. Although since its not paid, it will be more of a question of if people have got the time to play rather than the money to buy the game.

harkov

The new Heroes of might & magic game is coming out August 4th.
The new ARK game will be released in July.

JimmyAgnt007

Starbound 1.0 is going to be "SOON" but I dont really know when that is going to be. 

Admiral Obvious

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on June 10, 2016, 08:33:48 AM
Starbound 1.0 is going to be "SOON" but I dont really know when that is going to be.

As one who has played the game from the first public alpha, and periodically plays their daily updates, I don't believe they will release in July.

Also, popularity for it has fallen off significantly, since it's been in development for so long. I don't think a release would be met with that much fanfare.

Lys

Quote from: Admiral Obvious on June 10, 2016, 10:49:33 AM
Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on June 10, 2016, 08:33:48 AM

As one who has played the game from the first public alpha, and periodically plays their daily updates, I don't believe they will release in July.

Also, popularity for it has fallen off significantly, since it's been in development for so long. I don't think a release would be met with that much fanfare.
^this
I had so much hope for starbound back when I bought it 2 years or so back. Tried it again a couple of months ago and was very disappointed... Seemed even buggier than when I initially bought it, with barely any more content that made playing fun. So disappointed.

@Thread: Doesn't matter, just release it 1st of july already! :P

Listen1

From what I see, the biggest ones are:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII PC
Strategy - July 5th

Ghostbusters: The Movie PC ... Not that it is gonna be big but...
Action - July 12th

Infinium Strike PC
Strategy , Action - July 14th

I Am Setsuna PC
RPG - July 19th

And... on early august...
No Man's Sky. - August 9th
Beware of that, gonna grab alot of attention.

Element4ry

Well, I'm hyped about Hyperspace Admirals coming out in second half of 2016. It's not exactly july, but worth to mention it anyway.
·–·· ––– ··· · / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –– ·· –· –·· / –··–· / · ·– – / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –·–· ·–· · ·––

Tynan

Ok, thanks for the info everyone :) Still looking for more info if anyone knows more than this.

No Man's Sky is the biggest one I'm trying to avoid right now. And the Summer Sale.

Vaporisor

No Mans Sky is pushed to august and that will be a primary holder for months pushing into the christmas season.

Steam summer sales rumor the 23 June to 4 Jul?  Add week to that puts it probably the eight would be a nice date.  Let people and reviews come in.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Listen1

According to this site that made the countdown of Steam Summer Sales, it will happen in a couple of weeks.
http://whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

But Steam is an unpredictable bi***. Does anyone know how long the summer sale lasts?

Tynan

I know exactly when the Summer Sale is. Just trying to figure out how close I could release after it without taking a hit.