Should infestations be nerfed?

Started by MeowRailroad, July 14, 2016, 09:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeowRailroad

Infestations annoy me because:
1. They are completely random
2. There are too many bugs for it to be a fair fight in most cases

I think it would make more sense for infestations to only occur in very dirty rooms or rooms with rock walls and rough floors. I think it's pretty implausible for a huge hive to just appear in a room that has a smoothed floor and wooden walls, but I could imagine bugs coming in through cracks in a rough wall or enjoying the filth on the floor. Also, it doesn't make sense to me just how many bugs can come from a little hive all at once. It would be more of a fair difficulty to have it start with 1 or 2 little bugs, then go to about 4-5 little ones and 1-2 medium ones after about a day or so, then after 2 days the big bugs start spawning. In real life, if you get bugs in your house, it isn't an instantly disastrous problem, but it does need to be taken care of ASAP, and I feel that the current system should be changed to reflect that.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Adamiks

po5

You guys are probably unaware. But Alpha 14 is being released today, on steam as well. And this is from the patch notes:

-Infestations are easier and grow less exponentially.
-Infestations only appear deeper underground now.

Another thing that is related to the previously imba infestations is the change to pawn stacking. This is from the patch notes:

-Pawns can no longer overlap during melee combat (unless they're really small). No more animal deathstacks!

Meaning insects cant occupy the same space, so they wont be as deadly to fight in narrow corridors etc. Use this to your advantage.

Adamiks

Quote from: po5 on July 14, 2016, 10:01:52 PM
You guys are probably unaware. But Alpha 14 is being released today, on steam as well. And this is from the patch notes:

-Infestations are easier and grow less exponentially.
-Infestations only appear deeper underground now.

Another thing that is related to the previously imba infestations is the change to pawn stacking. This is from the patch notes:

-Pawns can no longer overlap during melee combat (unless they're really small). No more animal deathstacks!

Meaning insects cant occupy the same space, so they wont be as deadly to fight in narrow corridors etc. Use this to your advantage.

Thanks for that.

I actually have read the Alpha 14 changes, i simply forgot about that part. So thanks for the reminder.

I guess this suggestion can be removed/locked now, unless OP has something else to talk about.

MeowRailroad

Yeah, I don't see why not. I must have missed reading that in the update log.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"