[A15/A14/A13] Aristocat's mods

Started by Aristocat, June 10, 2016, 04:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 28, 2016, 02:10:58 PM
I researched Glitterworld Medicine and only medicine popped up in the medical workbench and it says I can make the medicine but has the required matierals for the glitterworld medicine I assume? Is anyone else having this problem? Should I post the mods I am using with this? (I am only using medical complication from your mods btw) https://gyazo.com/9b9a8af86e4f41a97069f97f003ac065

Quote from: Arretu on June 29, 2016, 11:29:04 AM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 28, 2016, 02:10:58 PM
I researched Glitterworld Medicine and only medicine popped up in the medical workbench and it says I can make the medicine but has the required matierals for the glitterworld medicine I assume? Is anyone else having this problem? Should I post the mods I am using with this? (I am only using medical complication from your mods btw) https://gyazo.com/9b9a8af86e4f41a97069f97f003ac065

I also had this issue. The problem lies in mods/expandedprosthetics&organengineering/defs/recipedefs/recipe_medicine.xml

I changed it by changing the second recipe in that file from:

<RecipeDef>
      <defName>CreateMedicine</defName>
      <label>make medicine</label>
      <description>Make medicine using healroot, steel and cloth.</description>
      <jobString>making medicine.</jobString>

to    <RecipeDef>
      <defName>CreateMedicine2</defName>
      <label>make Glitterworld medicine</label>
      <description>Make Glitterworld medicine using medicine, plasteel and cloth.</description>
      <jobString>making Glitterworld medicine.</jobString>

Note: this might mess things up if you do the EPOE tables research for more workbenches. As far as I can tell, the issue lies in that in base EPOE, the 2 recipes are on different crafting tables, whereas here they have been condensed into one.

Also, I'd not recommend copy pasting anything in this post, as I don't trust the forums not to have messed with the whitespace somehow >_>

edit: thinking about it, EPOE tables research won't be affected by my change, but will not fix the problem either, as (I assume) it will still be pulling from the same recipes files when you finish the research. I guess the extra workbenches are just cosmetic. I've included the changed xml file as an attachment but I make no claims as to it's functionality. For all I know it could break your game, share your private emails on pastebin, kick your door down and set your dog on fire. No promises.

Oops, updated! it shouldn't break save, although I recommend back up and set your dog on fire.

Terodan

Thank you all for the awesome mods, I was really happy to see this one exists, after I found the vanilla replacement parts/medical system somewhat limiting. One thing that is somewhat frustrating though are that prosthetics space traders happen to be pretty much the only space traders I seem to be getting these days. Am I just incredibly unlucky or is there just a really high chance to get these in general with this mod? (I REALLY need to sell some art to afford them, you know^^)

Warforyou

Quote from: Terodan on July 03, 2016, 03:54:12 AM
Thank you all for the awesome mods, I was really happy to see this one exists, after I found the vanilla replacement parts/medical system somewhat limiting. One thing that is somewhat frustrating though are that prosthetics space traders happen to be pretty much the only space traders I seem to be getting these days. Am I just incredibly unlucky or is there just a really high chance to get these in general with this mod? (I REALLY need to sell some art to afford them, you know^^)

It's not like this for me, I'm getting all the different traders even from the other mods

Terodan

I did try to run a different colony now and with that one it works like intended. I did change the mod order in the meanwhile though.

intyrist

all work fine except this. and after load all brain mods and guide become black brain mod/guide. cant pick or use

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Warforyou

Well... I am not sure if it was intended that you are able to cure small bodyparts (like ear or nose) that were cut off or completely destroyed without prostheses, just with medicine. Looks like it needs to be fixed

LustrousWolf

I am not sure if it is just me, but some things seem too easy to repair. For example a spine can just be repaired with medicine and plasteel, there should only be bionics available for complicated parts of the body like that, it makes rimworld too easy (or maybe some poorly made simple prosthetic spine instead, but not just fixing the spine completely as if it had never happened). But with scars I think repairing them is fine the way it is at the moment, because it seems kind of silly to remove someones hand and add a bionic hand just to fix a scar or missing finger. Apart from eyes, removing a scar from the eye should either not be implemented or should require a highly skilled doctor and a medical bed. 
Is it also possible to add bionics for digits (fingers and toes)? (something like 5 plasteel 1 component per digit?) Or some way to replace them rather than somehow just using medicine on them and they come back to how they were before?
Sorry, just my opinion on making it more balanced >.<

kaptain_kavern

There was a bunch of little errors in the last version :

• In Recipe_Neurotrainer.xml (\BrainMod v1.4\Defs\RecipeDefs) : There was a duplicate xml argument : <recipeUsers><li>NeurotrainerWorkbench</li></recipeUsers> - deleting one is all it takes
  • In LT_ADogSaid you have a duplicate file : Items_AnimalBodyParts.xml. It is present in both ThingDefs  and ThingDefs_Item folders. The one in ThingDefs have to be deleted
  • Not an error : i moved Items_UnfinishedProsthesis.xml from ThingDefs folder to ThingDefs_Items for the sake of consistency and do the same as in Core folder

Thanks for the modpack o7

P.S. : With Github i could have just correct that directly and send you a notification for you to just review the code and integrate it (as you were asking about setting a Github or not ;) )

Exende

say Aristocrat, any plans on updating this for A14?

Aristocat

Quote from: Exende on August 08, 2016, 07:37:33 PM
say Aristocrat, any plans on updating this for A14?

Updated!

New features :

* All workbenches can be moved.
* Removed Vancidium and advanced component. Uses silver instead.
* Increased surgery success chance. A lot.
* Increased compatibility. Hopefully.
* I forgot to remove choppable limbs, but there might be bugs so beware.
* Tidied up About.xmls.
* Brain mod hasn't updated yet. Emergency treatment is integrated instead.

* Repair clavicle and sternum
* Cure sleeping sickness, gut worms, and muscle parasites.
* Cure malaria, plague, and flu.
* Cure or inject sensory and fibrous Mechanites.
* Inject medicine to put patients into drugged state, reduces pain by 70% and increases mood by 30.
* All new surgeries require researched first and require skilled doctor(Lots of new researches. Your tribes people can't just cure dementia and  do plasteel surgery.).

* Animal bionic arm, leg, lung, heart and brain, everything is craftable.
* Paws, jaws, tusks etc can be repaired using plasteel, without using replacement.
* Stole some code from Nattiejim's code for Adogsaid.

Do note that I was a bit hurried updating this so it might be slightly buggy so beware. Please report any bugs or price oddities.

Known issue : Doctors will be too focused in giving treatment in that they'll forget eat and sleep until all wounds are patched up.

Chibisuke

All Ribs are just called Ribs instead of 1st - 12th Ribs

biship

Nice work. Today's update contains all the recent updates to the underlying mods? I wonder if I can just disable those mods and enable this one in my current game...

Aristocat

Quote from: biship on August 09, 2016, 06:02:56 AM
Nice work. Today's update contains all the recent updates to the underlying mods? I wonder if I can just disable those mods and enable this one in my current game...

I recommend to backup your save first. If you have vancidium in your map you'll probably want to keep Items_vancidium and recipes_vancidium files.

And yes, most of things are up to date. I might have forgot somethings, however.

Aristocat

Quote from: Chibisuke on August 09, 2016, 05:08:25 AM
All Ribs are just called Ribs instead of 1st - 12th Ribs

Same as vanilla game. I afraid fixing this issue would cause more issues, including mod incompatibilities.

ThiIsMe007

So basically this mod advantageously replaces the following that I already am using :

<li>ADogSaid</li>
<li>DESurgeries-master</li>
<li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
<li>EPOE-ADogSaid</li>

with some added bonus features ?

Did I get that correctly ? and if yes, that looks awesome your mod is so going to be installed on my next game.

Is this compatible with :

<li>DermalRegenerator-DermalRegenerator1.6</li>
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0 ?

Could it be included (with Skullywags' permission) ?