[A15/A14/A13] Aristocat's mods

Started by Aristocat, June 10, 2016, 04:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat

Quote from: ThiIsMe007 on August 09, 2016, 09:21:57 AM
So basically this mod advantageously replaces the following that I already am using :

<li>ADogSaid</li>
<li>DESurgeries-master</li>
<li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
<li>EPOE-ADogSaid</li>

with some added bonus features ?

Did I get that correctly ? and if yes, that looks awesome your mod is so going to be installed on my next game.

Correct, but this mod pack uses original LT-ADogSaid mod, not new versions.

Quote from: ThiIsMe007 on August 09, 2016, 09:21:57 AM

<li>DermalRegenerator-DermalRegenerator1.6</li>
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14177.0 ?

Could it be included (with Skullywags' permission) ?

I think it's compatible, but DESurgeries mod already removes scars so it isn't really necessary.

Aristocat

There was bug that make natural organs can't be hauled. Fixed. Please download again.

Tai

The Education mod doesn't seem to be updated, and it's throwing a bunch of errors, 'Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named Guide_<skill> found to give to Verse.ThingCount (1x null)' for every skill - is it not ported to A14 yet?

Aristocat

Quote from: Tai on August 09, 2016, 04:28:56 PM
The Education mod doesn't seem to be updated, and it's throwing a bunch of errors, 'Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named Guide_<skill> found to give to Verse.ThingCount (1x null)' for every skill - is it not ported to A14 yet?

Yes it's not updated. Added note.

It require brain mod so it should take a while to update.

Beside I found it pretty disappointing so it require an overhaul.

Tai

Pity. I find that once I've got my main base set up I don't have enough low-end crafting work to train anyone to do the high-end jobs I need done. Maybe I need to think ahead a bit more in early-game, but being able to train people would've been nice.

If there's anything I can do to help I'd be willing? I've been getting curious about Rimworld modding, I'm not experienced with code stuff but I've tinkered with modding for a few games before, and I dabble in design.

Tai

Sorry for the double post, but a pretty serious bug I found - something in the Medical mods as presented here interferes with CCL, disabling things like the MCM and minimap. Haven't checked for exactly what's going on but I get an error to do with 'CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.HelpForRecipe'. I'm direly in need of sleep or I'd give a more thorough rundown, if you need more info I'll provide it when I'm conscious again.

Aristocat

Perfect Harvest

Tiny update. Increased success chance of basic surgery and natural surgery, but not harvesting. i.e. install peg legs and install heart.

Crafting cost adjustment for advanced prosthetics.

Quote from: Tai on August 10, 2016, 04:43:37 AM
Sorry for the double post, but a pretty serious bug I found - something in the Medical mods as presented here interferes with CCL, disabling things like the MCM and minimap. Haven't checked for exactly what's going on but I get an error to do with 'CommunityCoreLibrary.HelpBuilder.HelpForRecipe'. I'm direly in need of sleep or I'd give a more thorough rundown, if you need more info I'll provide it when I'm conscious again.

http://imgur.com/a/ZaWO9

It seems working fine to me. Do you sure this mod pack is the problem?

For education mod I can make you small mod that add "practice" recipe on each workbenches. i.e. smithing table for crafting, human for medicine. It will also integrate few other practice mods

Tai

Quote from: Aristocat on August 10, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

For education mod I can make you small mod that add "practice" recipe on each workbenches. i.e. smithing table for crafting, human for medicine. It will also integrate few other practice mods

Well, with my modlist,  when the mods were installed my MCM and minimap vanished, when I disabled them it came back. With just your mods and CCL it seems to work, though.

Modlist is attached, I'm gonna go through and see where the error starts to happen.

Also, a practice mod would be fantastic. I'm vaguely poking at how to make one myself but having a known working example would be a great help.

EDIT: Found the incompatibility. Something breaks using the medical complication pack, CCL, and the Zombie Apocalypse mod. Tested with full modlist and with just those mods, same error consistently. http://puu.sh/qwNlP/19e3336aad.png

IIRC that mod has a patch for EPOE compatibility, maybe there's something tweaked in your version of EPOE that causes issues? I'll do some poking through the patch files, see if I can find a likely culprit

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Chibisuke

What Mods are those Medical Beds from in Screenshots on first page?

Master Bucketsmith

I've got some feedback in the form of questions for you. :)
English isn't my native tongue and I have ASD so please know that if I sound like an asshole in this post I certainly didn't mean it that way. :-X

I feel your description is a bit vague.
For example, when you say "DESurgeries", does that mean you incorporated said mod, or does that mean you need to have DESurgeries installed because your mod alters/adds to it?

Could you make a picture of the research tree related to your mod?

On to specific parts I had feedback on:
Quote from: Aristocat on June 10, 2016, 04:28:00 AM
DESurgeries
* Increased surgery success chance.
- You increased the surgery success chance. Is that because with your mod things would otherwise become too hard? Or because you felt vanilla/modsource-vanilla chances were too low?
- Are the new values only a slight change or can they be considered OP?

EPOE

* New features in Medical Complication :

* All tables merged into one. Unlocks new recipes via researches. Old tables can still be unlocked with research.
* All workbenches can be moved.
* Removed vancidium and advanced component. Uses silver instead.
* Medicine and glitter medicines can be crafted.
* Price tweaks.
* Increased compatibility. Hopefully.
* I forgot to remove choppable limbs, but there might be bugs so beware.
- All tables are merged into one, yet you can still build and use the modvanilla EPOE benches? Isn't that redundant?
- You replaced vancidium and advanced components with silver. Any chance you could change that into plasteel? Feels to me that would make more sense. :)
- Medicine and Glitter Medicine can be crafted. Does that make your mod incompatible with any mod that also enables this? Or will we just have redundancy?
- What are the price tweaks you applied? To what items/objects and what did you change it from/to?
- Increased compatibility with what?
- Are you planning on fixing those bugs with the limbs?

* Bonus : EmergencyTreat! Need treatment right now but all of your colonists are busy? Just draft-undraft them and they'll skip everything and start tending. This make giving treatment as emergency job. Colonists will forgo every job and make sure everyone is tended. Recommended to set doctoring as priority 1.
Isn't that how vanilla RimWorld works, as long as you have 'Doctor' set to PRIO1?
I'm not sure I understand what exactly you changed here.

Quote from: Aristocat on August 09, 2016, 01:06:22 PM
What does that mean in regards to features/bugfixes/etc?

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: Aristocat on August 09, 2016, 01:06:22 PMI think it's compatible, but DESurgeries mod already removes scars so it isn't really necessary.

Thank you for your reply, and I didn't know that, doh. One less mod to worry about is always good though.

Aristocat

Quote from: Tai on August 10, 2016, 02:55:37 PM

Well, with my modlist,  when the mods were installed my MCM and minimap vanished, when I disabled them it came back. With just your mods and CCL it seems to work, though.

Modlist is attached, I'm gonna go through and see where the error starts to happen.

Also, a practice mod would be fantastic. I'm vaguely poking at how to make one myself but having a known working example would be a great help.

EDIT: Found the incompatibility. Something breaks using the medical complication pack, CCL, and the Zombie Apocalypse mod. Tested with full modlist and with just those mods, same error consistently. http://puu.sh/qwNlP/19e3336aad.png

IIRC that mod has a patch for EPOE compatibility, maybe there's something tweaked in your version of EPOE that causes issues? I'll do some poking through the patch files, see if I can find a likely culprit

Sorry for late reply. I think this should work. It let you learn skill three time faster. I couldn't find tables so it's all slapped on smithing table. You can tweak it as you like.

It also add medical practice on living human flesh.

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 11, 2016, 07:59:13 AM
I've got some feedback in the form of questions for you. :)
English isn't my native tongue and I have ASD so please know that if I sound like an asshole in this post I certainly didn't mean it that way. :-X

For example, when you say "DESurgeries", does that mean you incorporated said mod, or does that mean you need to have DESurgeries installed because your mod alters/adds to it?

Could you make a picture of the research tree related to your mod?

DESurgeries
- You increased the surgery success chance. Is that because with your mod things would otherwise become too hard? Or because you felt vanilla/modsource-vanilla chances were too low?

EPOE

* All tables merged into one. Unlocks new recipes via researches. Old tables can still be unlocked with research.
* Price tweaks.
- All tables are merged into one, yet you can still build and use the modvanilla EPOE benches? Isn't that redundant?
- You replaced vancidium and advanced components with silver. Any chance you could change that into plasteel? Feels to me that would make more sense. :)
- Medicine and Glitter Medicine can be crafted. Does that make your mod incompatible with any mod that also enables this? Or will we just have redundancy?
- What are the price tweaks you applied? To what items/objects and what did you change it from/to?

* Bonus : EmergencyTreat! Need treatment right now but all of your colonists are busy? Just draft-undraft them and they'll skip everything and start tending. This make giving treatment as emergency job. Colonists will forgo every job and make sure everyone is tended. Recommended to set doctoring as priority 1.
Isn't that how vanilla RimWorld works, as long as you have 'Doctor' set to PRIO1?

I'm sorry, I'll reply tomorrow. It's 4 am in here.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Tai

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 11, 2016, 07:59:13 AM

I'm not the mod author but, let me try to answer some of these. This mod includes a modified form of DESurgeries, tweaked to play more nicely with the other mods in the pack

DESurgeries

I found that things were pretty low in modsource-vanilla - I had a skill-16 doctor with herbal meds fail several times on fixing a stab scar and a missing pinky finger. Haven't tested how the new values are, but I doubt they're tweaked to OP levels.

EPOE

* Price tweaks.

-All tables merged into one, but still having access to the old versions, pretty sure that's an attempt at save compatibility if someone were to go from the separate mods to this modpack.
-Silver's probably picked and set to give those things that need it a significant cost, but you could always go into the XMLs to change it to Plasteel yourself if you preferred
-Other mods that  have craftable medicine would just be redundant, shouldn't be incompatibilities unless they try to change this modpack's stuff, which wouldn't make sense.
-Not sure about the price tweaks
-Increased compatibility with things it might be incompatiblewith -basically he's tried to make the modpack work with anything else that tweaks or alters similar things. Won't know if it worked until he gets incompatibility reports, really.
-I imagine he'll try if they become a problem?

Vanilla Rimworld, even if you have 'Doctoring' set to priority 1, if the pawn is set to sleep time or joy time, they'll go do that instead of doctoring work. This mod sets treatment to be an 'emergency' task, like firefighting, so they'll put it above sleep or joy-time. Useful if you have a sudden outbreak of disease or a conduit explosion in the rec-room during joy time and need to get everybody treated ASAP.

[quote[
[/quote]

Not honestly sure, you could probably compare the two mods' pages to see for yourself, though.

Aristocat

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 11, 2016, 07:59:13 AMYou increased the surgery success chance. Is that because with your mod things would otherwise become too hard? Or because you felt vanilla/modsource-vanilla chances were too low?

I increased success chance because some of surgeries are too ridiculous. Attach a pegleg? LET'S DECAPITATE THIS GUY! I'd say It's somewhat "OP", although I don't think successfully attaching a leg would unbalances the game.

I would decrease chance again if game has surgery that make more sense. i.e. attaching a foot has chance to make surgery cut on leg but not remove leg or "accidentally" stabs brain.

Quote- All tables are merged into one, yet you can still build and use the modvanilla EPOE benches? Isn't that redundant?

It's research locked. It's there in case someone want to use them to decorate.

Quote- You replaced vancidium and advanced components with silver. Any chance you could change that into plasteel? Feels to me that would make more sense. :)

Yes I will.

Quote- Medicine and Glitter Medicine can be crafted. Does that make your mod incompatible with any mod that also enables this? Or will we just have redundancy?

There is no way this would make this mod incompatible with other mod. I don't think it's really redundancy considering they have different crafting cost, but yes it's kind of redundancy.

Quote- What are the price tweaks you applied? To what items/objects and what did you change it from/to?

I found some of price unbalanced. I forgot what I changed since it's almost done on 2 months ago but it's harder to become super rich selling surrogate organs and simple prosthetics.

Quote- Increased compatibility with what?

I removed bodyDefs and racesDefs because apparently it cause incompatibilities with every single mod uses it. I haven't played zombie mod but removing bodydefs probably fixed it.

Quote- Are you planning on fixing those bugs with the limbs?

As far as I play testing there's no bug. I changed the description.

QuoteIsn't that how vanilla RimWorld works, as long as you have 'Doctor' set to PRIO1?

No they don't. Emergency means they skip everything including eating and sleeping. This sometimes result in berserk but better than infection doesn't get tended because everyone is sleeping.

Personally I find this mod must have because playing melee get you lots of wounds but they never start tend unless I micromanage them.  Results is usually lots of infections because doctor decided to it's better to play horseshoe throwing and then go to sleep while dozens of people bleeding to death.

QuoteWhat does that mean in regards to features/bugfixes/etc?]

This mod craft small/medium/big/huge sized legs that fit to only certain animal. New mod merged all of it, so basically squirrel and thrumbo has same leg size in new mod. Also new mod shove all recipes into machining table which I didn't liked.

This mod also has surgeries for animal, so you can cure chronic diseases etc.

Aristocat

Quote from: Tai on August 10, 2016, 02:55:37 PM

Try remove compatibility patch. I removed bodyDefs so having it is might be what causing error.

Quote from: Chibisuke on August 11, 2016, 02:17:46 AM
What Mods are those Medical Beds from in Screenshots on first page?

Clutter mod!