[A15/A14/A13] Aristocat's mods

Started by Aristocat, June 10, 2016, 04:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Bucketsmith

Thank you both for the answers! :)
Sounds like you did exactly what I'd love to see out of a combination of those mods. Great work. :D

In regards to those compatibility things you found, if you still want to use them, you should look into this;
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22763.msg247444#msg247444

Tai

Quote from: Aristocat on August 12, 2016, 02:27:40 AM

Try remove compatibility patch. I removed bodyDefs so having it is might be what causing error.

Tried that, still giving the same error.

Etherdreamer

Awesome mod, but it seems that it´s messing with EPO mod, and I can´t install rib replacements. Any one know a fix for this?

MoatBordered

Quote from: Etherdreamer on August 13, 2016, 09:37:23 PM
Awesome mod, but it seems that it´s messing with EPO mod, and I can´t install rib replacements. Any one know a fix for this?

Hey man. This medical complication mod is a modpack consisting of 3 other mods. Modpacks mean you don't have to install any of the other mods that the modpack tries to combine/fix. If you have this modpack, then you shouldn't install EPOE, DESurgeries, or A Dog Said anymore. Turn those other three off first if you want to use this.

Modpacks are usually cooler/more convenient.. but can be a pain in the arse to fix when something goes wrong, and are usually slower to update.

Etherdreamer

Maybe you´re confusing here, I not using 2 copies of the same mod...

mazacik

I'm having the same problem as etherdreamer. After disabling original EPOE and starting a new colony, I can now install the rib replacements, however, all the ribs are labeled simply as 'rib', not as 'first rib' to 'twelfth rib'.

kaptain_kavern

Guys this can't truly be called a bug. Read the instructions : This pack already contains a modified version of EPOE. You must not activate EPOE while using it.

Same goes for DESurgeries and A Dog Said.

edit : As MoatBordered had already said. (I haven't read it sorry)

MoatBordered

Alright. Lemme take a lookey loo. I need the practice anyway.

If you have the duplicates off, then there really must be something not correctly defined in this modpack.

Edit: Looks like the modpack author purposely removed the rib numberings. Everything all still works though. Each pawn should still have 12 ribs so you can have 12 rib replacements if you want. Assuming the duplicate EPOE is OFF, the "rib replacement" research is done, and you have a special rib lying around, you SHOULD see 12 separate "install medical/adrenaline/etc rib (Rib)" when you select operation.

The ribs are still individually defined so you're not going to magically install 12 special ribs with one operation.

kaptain_kavern

EPOE use modified ribs (defined in Bodyparts folder) idr if this pack had keep the modified ones

mazacik

That's strange as every single rib is treated separately. For example, if my colonist has it's fifth rib shattered, how do I know in the operations tab which rib should I click? (tested, Xth rib shattered = Xth line in the operations) I still feel like this is not intended.

MoatBordered

Quote from: mazacik on August 14, 2016, 01:27:02 AM
That's strange as every single rib is treated separately. For example, if my colonist has it's fifth rib shattered, how do I know in the operations tab which rib should I click? (tested, Xth rib shattered = Xth line in the operations) I still feel like this is not intended.

You can check under \Core\Defs\BodyDefs\Bodies_Humanlike.xml (vanilla) ... the ribs are all just named "Rib" listed 12 times. It's actually just EPOE (standalone) that added the numbering. Sure, the numberings are convenient to look at, but it's just another source of incompatibility for other mods if you think about it.

If your fifth rib got shattered, then your doc will patch that up automatically when he treats the patient.. no matter what it's named. Oh well.. convenience vs compatibility, I guess.

123nick

any way i should have the load order set up? with all the 4 mods?

Aristocat

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 14, 2016, 12:00:46 AM
EPOE use modified ribs (defined in Bodyparts folder) idr if this pack had keep the modified ones

But do they show up in the operations tab? BodyPartsDefs does have
<defName>Rib1</defName>
but BodyDef defs aren't using these bodypartsdefs so I don't think it would show up numberings.

Nevermind. I noticed EPOE 1.72 still editing BodyDef. I think that might cause incompatibilities.

Quote from: 123nick on August 17, 2016, 01:28:48 AM

Load order doesn't matter.

123nick

Quote from: Aristocat on August 17, 2016, 05:59:00 AM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 14, 2016, 12:00:46 AM

But do they show up in the operations tab? BodyPartsDefs does have
<defName>Rib1</defName>
but BodyDef defs aren't using these bodypartsdefs so I don't think it would show up numberings.

Nevermind. I noticed EPOE 1.72 still editing BodyDef. I think that might cause incompatibilities.

Quote from: 123nick on August 17, 2016, 01:28:48 AM

Load order doesn't matter.

thanks for the reply, but i have another question/suggestion, this mod allows installing different tiers of mechanites : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19952.0 which i think could be a good addition to medical complication, where u can install/remove different mechanite tiers.

123nick

also, any way to disable the medical table and instead have only the epoe workbenches?