[A15/A14/A13] Aristocat's mods

Started by Aristocat, June 10, 2016, 04:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanf2209

Adventurer

I do believe I've found the problem, and why the problem is occuring for you and not for me. Do you have developer mode on? I think this was compiled in 'debug' mode, which seems to be broken. I'll recompile it as 'release'.

jordanf2209

Yes developer mode is on. Great that you've found the problem. Will grab the recompiled version when it's available, thanks. :)

Adventurer

See if this has the same issue for you. I'm hoping that setting it to Release automatically disables the debug code. If it doesn't, I'll have to rummage around.

Adventurer

Recompiled it again, this uses .NET 3.5 as you're supposed to do.

jordanf2209

Same problem as before with the new .dll. Attached the new log in case you need it.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Adventurer

Okay, I think I finally have this bug beat. Let me know if it works.

jordanf2209

Still has the same issue unfortunately. Attached the log again.

Adventurer

Well, shit. Back to the drawing board.

Adventurer

It likely has something to do with this code, I'm just not sure what.

public override void PostIngested(Pawn ingester)
        {
            if (ingester.RaceProps.IsFlesh)
            {
                float randomInRange = this.Props.overdoseSeverityOffset.RandomInRange;
                if (randomInRange > 0f)
                {
                    List<HediffDef> overDoses = new List<HediffDef>();
                    overDoses.Add(HediffDefOfCustom.DrugOverdoseCustom_WormBurn);
                    overDoses.Add(HediffDefOfCustom.DrugOverdoseCustom_Isotono);
                    overDoses.Add(HediffDefOfCustom.DrugOverdoseCustom_Pepto);
                    overDoses.Add(HediffDefOfCustom.DrugOverdoseCustom_Chloroform);
                    foreach (HediffDef overDose in overDoses)
                    {

if (overDose.defName == Props.drugOverdoseType)
                        {

HealthUtility.AdjustSeverity(ingester, overDose, randomInRange);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }

Aristocat

Quote from: jordanf2209 on September 19, 2016, 08:41:27 PM
Still has the same issue unfortunately. Attached the log again.

I just had the same error after creating a new colony, although everyone worked fine.

Disabling Rim PhD fixes bug. So I used original Rim PhD without modification and any mods, and it still cause same error. I noted author about this.

There was an exception thrown by the PawnGenerator during generating a starting pawn. Trying one more time...
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.HediffMaker.MakeHediff (Verse.HediffDef def, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.BodyPartRecord partRecord) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnAddictionHediffsGenerator.GenerateAddictionsFor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateInitialHediffs (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.DoGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StartingPawnUtility.NewGeneratedStartingPawn () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Also issue with vegetable garden should be fixed. I'll upload it when I can.

Quote from: Exende on September 19, 2016, 06:23:45 PM
question, does your BionicImplant work as is for A15 (besides changing the version number)?

Yes it should be. It's only XML mod and doesn't really need update.

Quotejordanf2209 I did notice I wasn't able to load my existing save games with the Medical Compilation but making a new colony worked just fine

That's odd. It shouldn't break save...

Edit : It seems removing vancidium is problem. If you have EPOE try copy paste resource vancidium xml into new EPOE.

Aristocat

Quote from: Adventurer on September 19, 2016, 10:55:49 AM
It's a conflict by definition. If DE Surgeries is loaded last, you can only sedate with medicine. If Rim PhD is loaded last, you can only sedate with Chloroform.

This is why I'm saying there needs to be a defined load order... I updated my 'Renamed Folders.zip' thing. Integrated the 0.4.1 fix and I put DE Surgeries in the load order 1 slot.

Also, the program in question used to find conflicts is RCC

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25305.0

This is brilliant. Ordering became huge problem after I added bunch of stuffs. I'll use this on my next update, thanks a lot. Also adding load order in the main thread.

Also this RCC thing is godsend, it would have saved so many time verifying XMLs.

Aristocat

I just noticed emergency treatment doesn't work in A15 because changes in jobdefs. Fixing..

Edit : Nevermind. It seems work fine.

Adventurer

Quote from: Aristocat on September 20, 2016, 01:20:19 AMEdit : It seems removing vancidium is problem. If you have EPOE try copy paste resource vancidium xml into new EPOE.
Oops... already deleted my saves.

Quote from: Aristocat on September 20, 2016, 02:20:43 AM
I just noticed emergency treatment doesn't work in A15 because changes in jobdefs. Fixing..

I really feel like Emergency Treatment shouldn't be a part of the mod anyway - it's not very intuitive since there's no visual display of the priority change, so people might not knowing what's going on with their doctoring priority unless they've read the entirety of the Medical Compilation feature list and have it memorized.

I recommend getting rid of it.

Another mod you can include is ItchyFlea's Medical Training. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623 You have to ask him before you can include it in the modpack but other than that it should be fine.

On another note,

I heavily recommend basing the next version off the naming scheme changes I made here for both the folders and about files: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20708.msg265420#msg265420

Adventurer

Hey Aristocrat. I've been trying to debug Andrew's Rim PhD mod with skullywag for the past few hours now.

This mod has a LOT of problems. His HediffGiver_Custom class is a mess that just doesn't work.

I heavily recommend you remove it for now. The mod needs to be recoded.