[A15/A14/A13] Aristocat's mods

Started by Aristocat, June 10, 2016, 04:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

You're using the mod pack AND the mods?

OnlyMarvellous

No. Sorry, I should have been clearer. From this mod pack, I'm using DESurgeries, Improved Surgery, and DE+IS Patch. I don't have the original mods installed alongside this pack.
Run away!

Dingo

I don't see how that can happen (even though Improved Surgery is missing the surgeryflesh abstract base which is a mistake). Are you sure those are the only 3 you have installed with the correct load order? DE Surgeries does not touch bionic eyes and the likes, only Improved Surgery does and it overwrites the default def.

Can you post an output_log and screenshot your mod list?

OnlyMarvellous

I don't get it, either. It's had me baffled for a while. None of my other mods make changes to the same files, so I know it's not that. It appears that the game is loading both the IS defs and the core defs. I'm not sure that's exactly what is happening, or how it could happen, but that's what it looks like to me. Anyway, I'll attach a screenshot of my mod order and my output_log. The screenshot doesn't show all my mods, but it shows the mods concerned. Medical Complications is one of the first mods I installed and this issue has been here since I installed it. Thanks for taking the time to assist me.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Run away!

Dingo

I don't see anything in particular but this is what I would try:

1) Go into RimWorld and disable all mods. Quit the game. Back up your save file.

2) Delete all the mod folders except for Core.

2b) [OPTIONAL] Delete Core and validate through Steam (or reinstall if non-Steam)

3) Redownload all the mods to ensure you have the latest version.

4) Reinstall all the mods.

5) Refactor your load order. Most things don't matter, however make sure all surgery mods are loaded right after Core and that Miniaturisation (I hope you're using Overloaded, you have 2 versions installed currently which is bad) is last.

OnlyMarvellous

I had Miniaturization installed first, then I installed Miniaturization Overloaded and disabled the first one. That's why there are two there. I'll give all of those steps a try and see if that works. I'll post back here later on.
Run away!

OnlyMarvellous

I just gave those steps a try and it did not work. I have no idea what the problem could be. I may keep trying different things but it's mostly a slight annoyance. Everything functions as it should, those options just appear twice. At least this cleaned up my mods folder and file order a little bit. Thanks for your help, Dingo. I'll post back here if I do manage to figure the cause of this strange occurrence.
Run away!

Dingo

I tested it myself and it's definitely a problem with the mod pack. I think it's due to the patches but I'm not sure, I can't see why it would be. I would advise you use the mods directly from their individual repository/workshop page/forum page. It might be that all the missing abstract bases catch up with the mod once you use both mods with the patch included in the pack, but that seems a far fetch.

OnlyMarvellous

I tried to use the individual mods and their respective patches but then the game wouldn't load my current save. I'll have to put up with the double-listing for now and then switch around when I start a new game.

EDIT: Okay. I've got it fixed. This pack makes research a requirement for most of the new surgeries but the original mod does not. It took some messing around with the XML files, but my original issue with the double-listing is fixed and I'm now using the original mods with my current save instead of this pack. I appreciate all of your assistance, Dingo.
Run away!

mazacik

What EPOE / DESurgeries version is this pack based off of? Latest?

Abcdefghijkl

Hey, on the begining i want to say: NICE MODS COMPILATION

but i found some "bug"
exoskeleton installed to colonist doesn't incresease severity over time
maybe it's because exoskeleton def in Mods\AMC(2) Realistic Medical System EPOE Version\Defs\HediffDefs\HediffDefs_AdvancedBionics.xml has a parent "ImplantBase" instead of "addedPartAdvanced"? "ImplantBase" hasn't got "<severityPerDay>0.07</severityPerDay>" it's in "addedPartAdvanced", and every other part of this file has "addedPartAdvanced" as parent class, every except "ExoskeletonSuit".

edit: changed parent to "addedPartAdvanced" added severity/day in game

Mackinz

I may install this next colony, but ADogSaid recently updated with its own animal prosthetics bench and an EPOE compatibility patch so this mod may require a new version.

jmababa

Quote from: Mackinz on October 11, 2016, 08:51:15 PM
I may install this next colony, but ADogSaid recently updated with its own animal prosthetics bench and an EPOE compatibility patch so this mod may require a new version.

No he sudv've just copied this it was already done by this mod

jmababa

Why do surrogate organs need to bee constantly under medicine from time to time

NathanxS

Ive got a different bug. the workbench for simple prothestics everything unlocked, eventough i have researched to get the different workbenches. is there a way to delete it so there is no 1 workbench for everything?

And i cant find how to repair fingers and toes, if i select it in the body for operation and right click with my doctor it says materials not there. What material does it need? i couldnt find a "toe" or "finger prothestic in any of the workbenches.

edit: i also cant seem to find the option to inject or remove mechanites

I am also unsure about the mod order
If i use DESurgery, EPOE , Adogsaid  and Isurgery, which patch do i have to load? (so without realistic surgery)
if i load multiple patches it says it has duplicated defs ingame.