[Mod Request] Dynamic Moisture Pump Timetables

Started by Moobynooby, December 19, 2018, 03:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moobynooby

The general idea I'm going for here is that I think that Moisture Pumps should base their expansion timings on the terrain the area includes. With the current system, if you have two tiles of marshy soil on the far sides of a pump and dirt or other dry terrain for the rest, it would take the same time to drain as a pump surrounded entirely by marsh.

I think the mod would have to analyze the terrain the next expansion would include, have some rating system in place, total the ratings of the entire area, and then present a time until expansion based off of said total. In effect, instead of 8.7 days until expansion at the start of every step, something like .2 days for every dry tile, 2 days for every swampy or marshy soil, 4 days for a marsh/ swamp tile, and 6 days for a shallow water tile. You'd probably want to fine tune the balance yourself, I'm just stating a general example of the type of thing I'm looking for.

Thanks for reading, and a special thanks if anyone decides to pursue this. It kinda seems like a dull or boring use of modding potential, but I think it would add a lot of realism to this aspect of the game.