Change auto target for pawns

Started by Mikhail Reign, June 09, 2016, 05:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Reign

I suggest that the current auto target change from what it is now, target closest enemy, to 'target enemy closest to weapons optimal range'.

GarettZriwin

Why not simply aim easiest target?

Mikhail Reign

Because everyone just ends up aiming at the same person. When there is 3, thats great. When there is 30, not so great.

GarettZriwin

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on June 09, 2016, 08:33:35 AM
Because everyone just ends up aiming at the same person. When there is 3, thats great. When there is 30, not so great.
Not for everyone same target will be easiest to hit unless they are all at same spot, with same weapons and alternatives.

Mikhail Reign

But that's my point - weapons don't matter. Pawns aim for the closest. And since the AI attacks are limited to 'run directly at pawn' they inevitably end up in a conga line. Also since the player will have some form on a firing line, there will be a lead enemy who is closest to the players pawns, and thus will be the target of the majority of the pawns.

What I suggest is that pawns target enemies closest to their weapons optimal range (I.e: the one they are most likely to hit)

Drahkon

Or to say it the simplest, aim at the enemy you're most likely to be able to hit?

hwfanatic

+1

Maybe also make it so that only a pawn of certain skill and above actually knows optimal ranges.