Mutations,DNA,Species,Alien Colonists

Started by ☢FLAY☢, June 11, 2016, 07:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

☢FLAY☢

Is it possible to consider including A different type of colonist attributed creature\human, like naturally born genetically or DNA advantageous, Superhumans being spawned or born by a immensely low chance such as increased bone density or abnormal muscle atrophy, bone causing the bones such as the humerus to have a way higher hitpoint number and Muscles promoting Increased speed or strength (DPS) Damage.

Possible to consider sub species like dwarves or idk not to keen on that idea aiming for realism.

Possible to consider having an alien as a colonist, now although this sounds weird its not that hard to be plausible and also not hard to consider traits such as xenophobic or xenophile.

As far as mutations go maybe something like regeneration of wounds or, bones being reinforced, these could be canceled out as we have bionics but its still cool to have natural abilities given to a colonist, and the Regeneration idea might get replaced with nanobots who knows?

I just wanted to ask if anyone else likes the idea as much as I do.

The-MathMog

Not too sure about these suggestions. Some gene manipulations for the pawns could probably exist and work. As long as they don't make certain ones too good, so you always want them.

Just wanted to let you know, that "aliens" doesn't exist in this universe. All animals and humanoids all initially comes from earth, where some have been genetically manipulated.

Vaporisor

Certain versions might be possible in the future.  We have scenarios and the character description does describe humans as being normal and unmodified.

If we view it that way, then potentially there could be slightly different types of humans in the future.  Physical traits based on environment is nothing abnormal.  Perhaps some that have improved manipulation going up on a factory planet.  Or a dark planet so they have improved sight.  Maybe a terraformed moon so they are more fragile due to lighter bone mass and so on? 

Overall, there is the full table of attributes, and we have a category description so it should be at the minimum able to have a mod that gives variant humans either by science or home.

Like MathMog said though.  No aliens.  We went out and colonized and terraformed.  In that time, no intelligent or high evolved life was found.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Ekarus

"Xenohumans" are listed in the lore primer & cryostassis wake thing as ranging from simple modifications (Such as wide-spread radiation resistance) to "not recognizable as human" (once such race described as fish people in the cryostassis whosit) as well as listing genetically engineered animals such as replacing the front paws with hands for tool usage or making them capable of human speech.

I made a (frankly rather limited...) mod that covers some useful genetically engineered people. (Cold resistance, heat resistance, super soldiers...) but as I said, it's rather limited currently as I don't know how to implement a lot of the things I wanted to do. It also skirts the edge of being unfriendly to the lore pretty closely.

☢FLAY☢

Quote from: Ekarus on June 12, 2016, 08:33:57 AM
"Xenohumans" are listed in the lore primer & cryostassis wake thing as ranging from simple modifications (Such as wide-spread radiation resistance) to "not recognizable as human" (once such race described as fish people in the cryostassis whosit) as well as listing genetically engineered animals such as replacing the front paws with hands for tool usage or making them capable of human speech.

I made a (frankly rather limited...) mod that covers some useful genetically engineered people. (Cold resistance, heat resistance, super soldiers...) but as I said, it's rather limited currently as I don't know how to implement a lot of the things I wanted to do. It also skirts the edge of being unfriendly to the lore pretty closely.

Love and appreciate what you're doing will absolutely download the mod

b0rsuk

Tynan expressed interest in implementing trans animal colonists - I believe he means uplift.

MarcTheMerc

If your looking for more my mod also adds a xeno human type https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0 though at the moment its also limited.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

☢FLAY☢

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on June 13, 2016, 10:49:54 AM
If your looking for more my mod also adds a xeno human type https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0 though at the moment its also limited.

Read your mod post, is the Giants some form of crazy colonist or am I missing the Xeno completely?

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Ive always thought that there would be humans with altered genetics as well as even colonist that join that arent human, mostly because of the humanoid kill count and classifications as well as one person i saw had a backstory where they where on a space ship with bird like humanoids until they where kicked off with all the other humans by the captain. it would be coll if they did have different species of sentient beings that could join the colony as well as people with genetic modifications
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Wex

Some could be engeneered to eat raw food, some to withstand heavy gravity (so carring more stuff around), some could be plainly resistant to disease (if genetic engeneering comes around, this would be mandatory, I guess), some could be uplifted animals... the possibility are endless.
I'd love a mod like that.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

☢FLAY☢

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19983.0 does pretty much what you just said, But Ekarus said its limited.

It's an amazing mod, but it's in its basic form = Super soldiers, High Grav Humans and Low Grav humans too, It also includes some heat and cold resistant Xeno skins.

MarcTheMerc

Giants are enemy/ colonists with higher melee stats.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

milon

Quote from: Ekarus on June 12, 2016, 08:33:57 AM
It also skirts the edge of being unfriendly to the lore pretty closely.

I wouldn't worry about that part - it's a mod!  Do what you want.  Not following game lore only means it can't ever become a part of vanilla.  No big deal.  :)