"Confirmed" Features in Alpha 2

Started by TronPrime1, February 19, 2014, 12:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TronPrime1

I'll probably make a Blasting Charge mod when Alpha 2 is out. I'd miss them so much otherwise...

Semmy

Quote from: TronPrime1 on February 20, 2014, 12:50:32 PM
I'll probably make a Blasting Charge mod when Alpha 2 is out. I'd miss them so much otherwise...

Why so much other fun stuff in there. I havent even had time to miss them yet d-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

TronPrime1

Quote from: Semmy on February 20, 2014, 12:50:58 PM
Why so much other fun stuff in there. I havent even had time to miss them yet d-;

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure I understood what you meant... O_o

colonistPally

Quote from: TronPrime1 on February 20, 2014, 01:07:55 PM

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure I understood what you meant... O_o

He's trying to say that he doesn't miss them because there are other neat things. So he's essentially forgot they exist. It's a figure of speech. It means neater stuff has distracted him so he's forgot or hasn't needed to use them.

If English isn't your first language, a lot of the stuff we say makes essentially no sense whatsoever. :-) I'm explaining what we say to Spanish and German speaking folks all day long, so I know this quite well. :)

Alandil

Why, with so much other fun stuff in there. I havent even had time to miss them yet d-;

Just imagine the "with" and it is quite simple to understand^^ (The comma alone might be enough also)

TronPrime1

Thanks guys. Yes, English is my first language (Deutsch ist meine zweite), it's just the lack of punctuation completely threw me off (No offense Semmy ;)). I kind of thought he meant: Why so much? There's so many other fun things... I haven't even had time to miss them yet d-;.

I just wanted to be sure.

BattleFate

Quote from: Alandil on February 20, 2014, 10:54:33 AM
I feel the love for the charges is rather a symptom of the underlying "limitless raiders" issue.

Maybe they can involve into mines someday, since no one triggers them anyway.
(Or in the very far future, maybe there will be different power-cables for separate circuits and a colonist actually triggers them with the push of a button.)
I was imagining that actually. A second 'cable' type which you need to connect to the blasting charges. The other end of the cable would need to connect to a 'detonator' which would need to be activated by a colonist. You could in theory attach multiple charges to the same detonator, or perhaps have a detonator room, with multiple detonators around, each controlling one or more charges on your perimeter.

Of course, the raiders should still shoot or avoid the charges. Perhaps assume the charges have a 90% concealment, and each raider close (say 8 tiles range) has a 10% chance of detecting it. If detected, all nearby raiders will vacate the area ASAP, and once clear, one or more will start shooting the charges if no other more critical targets are close. For laughs, maybe you could even have that when one goes off, all others on the same circuit detonate because of the feedback or whatever on the line. (this could lead to raiders inadvertently detonating charges they are standing on). :D

Ooo, ooo, maybe a raider without incapable of 'caring' would simply detonate all detected charges (that he's not near) without waiting for his 'friends' to get clear first... That would be awesome. :P