Traps, traps everywhere even in your underwear!

Started by Moonblink, February 19, 2014, 01:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonblink

Sorry it rhymes! On a serious note  I would love to have some traps! Think evil genius! or Stronghold! also something along the lines of classic siege defense, like moats and modern draw bridges. 
Dell Venue 11 Pro Tablet Windows 8.1 Intel Atom Quad 1.5ghz, 2GB ram, 64GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics.

Semmy

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Nasikabatrachus

Tynan has stated that he doesn't like the idea of traps in RimWorld, so it might be a while before we see things like that. Although, traps per se are distinct from things like moats and drawbridges.

However, Alpha 2 should be really easy to mod, so we can expect to be able to have lots of traps to play with.

TimMartland

'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

keylocke

i also like traps. (evil genius ftw!) but i also think it might clash with the tactical battle system (especially evil genius -type traps).

i think the current 'blasting charge' device should already suffice (it's like a remote-controlled mine, which i think is way better than a proximity mine, since you can choose not to activate it unless you need to). but i also like the bear trap suggestion to deal with the zerg-rush of oncoming raiders trying to brute force their way through your defense lines into melee range and forcing your troops into a friendly fire scenario.

i also think i want a trap that can deal with those fleeing enemies. like a trap door that you can activate after they pass through a wall and prevents them from escaping.. mwahahaha..

Hektoer

I used the blasting devices extensively. It seems when the AI decides you are going to be attacked and get hurt badly it will continually ramp up raider invasions until it happens. I am getting them like clockwork and was up to 12+ raiders every few days it seems. They are getting progressively nastier weaponry as well. Now I believe the basting devices are pulled from A2 until they are 'fixed', but I think the real concern is the dev wants us to get involved in man-to-man shooting to enjoy the AI. I delight at this idea, but we need a means (like the AWESOME new meeting room feature for idling colonists) to direct our characters to actually be able to train up their skills; even if at the reduced rate, etc.

Japzzi

I like the idea of traps but simple ones.. I never really liked blasting charges since they where way to overpowered.. But traps like bear traps and maybe a few mines would be really cool!