Fixing Centipedes - Idea request

Started by Shurp, June 16, 2016, 05:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

I am trying to figure out how to fix the gameplay of Centipedes.  Right now they're not a lot of fun.  Against minigun & heavy charge blaster centipedes you spread your pawns out and laugh as they miss everything.  Against inferno cannons you cry or you play annoying micromanagement with sniper rifles or doors.

I want to remove the forcedMissRadius flag from the minigun and heavy charge blaster, but I imagine I also then need to reduce the fire rate and/or damage to make fighting them survivable.  Has anyone done this before and if so what values do you use?  Current values are 30 and 24.  Half that?  One quarter?

The big problem with the inferno gun is that pawns on fire run around in circles on fire and get killed by everything else.  If I just replace Bullet_InfernoCannon with Bullet_Rocket that should work, right?  Or maybe find a bullet that does a little less damage...

Has anyone else tried something along these lines?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.