play chess with the colonists

Started by Simon_The_Space_Engineer, June 13, 2016, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

when my colonists do desire to play chess (rarely) they play it alone and i feel bad for them, so maybe a way to help them with both mood bonus and increase skills like social or research would be to have the player either make a pawn play with them or play with them themselves. it could just be a simple addition of a computerized chess bot that changes difficulty (probably based on research skill) and maybe talk to the player. Plus if they talk then the player gets more attached to the colonist and then when they die the story kicks in and they are more upset :P
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Lonely Rogue

Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

b0rsuk

If reserving a chess table for 2 colonists is too complicated, pretend they do play against other humans, they just think about the next move when they have time. Do you know the term Play-By-Mail ? It works for chess too.

What I'm saying is that all that is needed is a change of tooltip, to suggest that players are "doing/thinking through their turns" when the other party is not around.

cultist

I get what you're saying. It would be nice if they actually sat down and played together, but it rarely happens. The trouble is with so many different joy activities and joy levels being affected by all kinds of things, it's very rare that two pawns will decide to do the same thing at roughly the same time. Even when you set specific joy hours in the schedule, pawns seem much more attracted to the horseshoe pin than any other activity.

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Quote from: cultist on June 14, 2016, 12:46:55 PM
I get what you're saying. It would be nice if they actually sat down and played together, but it rarely happens. The trouble is with so many different joy activities and joy levels being affected by all kinds of things, it's very rare that two pawns will decide to do the same thing at roughly the same time. Even when you set specific joy hours in the schedule, pawns seem much more attracted to the horseshoe pin than any other activity.
exactly, even if i have two horse shoe pins the only thing that seems to get colonist together is one of the pins and maybe the dinning table everyone eats at
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Lonely Rogue

Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?