Outbound Trade Caravans

Started by Lonely Rogue, June 13, 2016, 04:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Rogue

I've not seen it here, so I'd thought I'd say-

I think being able to send out your own caravans would be cool, I'm thinking it would set a timer for how long they're gone, and you could set which faction they're headed to. Some of your colonists and tame muffalo could leave the map with chosen items that would have a random chance to be bought with min. and max. chances based on the faction selected. For an ex, tribals would not buy high tech. You could also set items that they should attempt to buy, such as artillery shells or medicine.

I think another, similar idea, is to set up what would be bought and sold via comms. console, then send a caravan with what is needed to retrieve said items, and deliver what you trade in turn.

I hope this makes sense, I'm playing Rimworld ATM, and typing this on my phone.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

b0rsuk

Mufallos can't be trained with hauling. They're of intermediate intelligence.

Lonely Rogue

Oh... I assumed they could based on the trade caravans already used. I don't need to train mine, so I haven't looked.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

b0rsuk

It's a common suggestion and it would let you make some use of "useless" colonists. I think several things should be taken into account:
SLOW colonists should slow caravan down and use more food
"Incapable of social" colonists would only be allowed as guards

Lonely Rogue

That would be something to consider. Perhaps those that used to have jobs dealing with trade could get more of a bonus when dealing with it, more than the social skill bonus they already have.
Any mod requests?