Animal Husbandry

Started by Lonely Rogue, June 13, 2016, 04:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Rogue

Are related animals able to mate?  :o
    If so, are there repercussions? I'm trying to herd muffalo, and the male I got was ALREADY old when I tamed him, so now I need to know if his kids can mate with their relatives.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Vaporisor

... I think they can though haven't verified by checking family trees.  This is mainly based off of getting a single male/female and after a bit of time might have five or more pregnancies at the same time.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

chchgreen

they sure are able to mate, ive had 2 pigs turn into 1000s! for fun and giggles, wait a few generations and click the social tab

Lonely Rogue

Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

The-MathMog

It turns quite fun actually!

But at some point, it will just say "kin", as the game can't even figure it out anymore! :D

Lonely Rogue

Any mod requests?

cultist

"Hey there sister/niece/aunt/grandaunt/grandniece/cousin-once-removed, you're looking mighty fine tonight..."

The-MathMog

Quote from: cultist on June 14, 2016, 08:01:33 PM
"Hey there sister/niece/aunt/grandaunt/grandniece/cousin-once-removed, you're looking mighty fine tonight..."
God those family parties must be hell!

milon

^ I think you're forgetting about Beer Goggles.  Even the animals in RimWorld get hammered at times!  :D

Lonely Rogue

I am so done. You cone up with the funniest things, how do you do it? That, and you're EVERYWHERE.
Any mod requests?

milon

Mod GogglesTM

I see all (yes, I can see that too)

ThreeMartiniLaunch