Relocate

Started by dosemeter, June 14, 2016, 01:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dosemeter

I don't know how hard this would be......Hear me out...it could be interesting....
When a catastrophe strikes, only 2 or 3 of my colonists remain, and there's a toxic fallout that just won't go away....I have nowhere near enough plasteel to build my ship, and the traders are nowhere to be found......It's Not. Looking. Good. At. All.
A manhunter pack is occupied munching on my last Alpaca, it's now that I imagine my colonists wanting to run to the hills.....another map.
You can only do it once, and it might end up being the worst decision ever.
Going from the jungle to an ice sheet....who knows....totally random.  I'm wearing a t-shirt. Great.
It's just a continuation of the same game.
The traits, experiences, relationships, and gear they are carrying would be the ONLY things to go with them to this new, random place in the world, and they would leave everything else behind.
You would arrive there as if you just arrived on the planet, minus the cargo pods.
And who knows....maybe there's another toxic fallout waiting for you, or a group of 10 tribesmen wanting to know what the hell you are doing there!  Now you're really screwed, t-shirt boy!
Oh well, it was a last ditch effort to survive.

I picture a "Relocate" button in the bottom right corner.  It's a one time thing.  Once selected,
a box pops up asking "which living colonists will be relocating" with a check box beside each name.
Once the colonists are selected, you hit the "RUN!" button.... the map underneath them simply changes to a random biome.  Everything else is gone....forever.....except the crying.
Again, it's just a continuation of the same game.  No going back.
Final straw. This is it. Press your luck, you have no other choice. Here we go....

Lonely Rogue

This is a good idea, however, it has been brought up before. I'm not sure what was said about it, though.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

dosemeter

Right on.   Part of me was looking for a creative way to not save scum.  Maybe I should have added
that once you choose to relocate, permadeath is turned on and all previous auto saves are deleted.  ;D