Various modding questions and answers

Started by ItchyFlea, February 19, 2014, 07:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasikabatrachus

Quote from: zngga on March 01, 2014, 11:34:27 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Tynan. I tried what you suggested, and no change. On other recipes I am able to have two filters in one <li> and it works fine (agave & potatoes, potatoes & berries, etc) but I changed them all to one filter per list.

Here is the updated:
                <ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Muffalo_Meat</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>1</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>RawPotatoes</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>3</count>
</li>
</ingredients>
<products>
<li>
<thingDef>MealMuffaBurger</thingDef>
<count>1</count>
</li>
</products>
<parentIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Muffalo_Meat</li>
<li>RawPotatoes</li>
</thingDefs>
</parentIngredientFilter>
<defaultIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Muffalo_Meat</li>
<li>RawPotatoes</li>
</thingDefs>
</defaultIngredientFilter>

but it still doesn't work. All I see in game is potatoes as an available ingredient.

I had the same problem. I "solved" it by using the category MeatRaw instead of Muffalo_Meat. I'm guessing it has to do with the lack of a ThingDef for Muffalo_Meat visible in the Core mod. On a related note, is there any way to get a texture for a new Thing to show up on the trader screen?

Tynan

Yes, there may be a bug in the binding order in A2 that prevents generated defs like Muffalo_Meat from being referenced directly. Sorry. Fixed for A3!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

FangoWolf

In the SkillNeeds definitions there seems to be base values and bonus values.  Is there any plan to add success values and success bonuses?  This would set up pass/fail tasks at the benches, with possibly a fail returns x materials.

Successbase =3   Base skill of three for base success
BaseSuccess=.5   base success chance of receipe
underadj =.1        For each point under base -x% success chance
overadj=.05         For each skill above minimum increase success chance by x%

then perhaps in the receipe defs you could have a failreturns.

failreturns
<li>
metal=1
</li>

Alastir07

So I posted this in another thread, but since that thread appears to no longer exist, I'll post it again here.

Is it possible to modify the experience given by a task? I want to change cooking around, seeing as currently, butchering gives almost no experience, and cooking meals gives 0 experience.

Tynan

Quote from: Alastir07 on March 10, 2014, 03:07:22 PM
So I posted this in another thread, but since that thread appears to no longer exist, I'll post it again here.

Is it possible to modify the experience given by a task? I want to change cooking around, seeing as currently, butchering gives almost no experience, and cooking meals gives 0 experience.

It will be in Alpha 3. Alpha 2, no.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Alastir07