Polar problems of frozen bodies

Started by Plymouth, June 16, 2016, 04:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plymouth

Please implement a rule that states, if temperature drops below -50 degrees Celsius, pawns have to wear woolen parkas. Thank you.

Snownova

There is a rule like that already, it states that any pawn not wearing a woolen parka at -50 is likely to freeze to death.

Ekarus

The pawns will grab cold weather gear for cold areas if they can afford it. And that's where the problem is, all of their outfit comes from one pool that's barely enough to make a cheap shirt, pants, and jacket. Armor, hats, clothes all come from the same pool so fairly frequently they'll pick either just a parka or good armor and nothing underneath.

Plymouth

Quote from: Snownova on June 17, 2016, 04:17:25 AM
There is a rule like that already, it states that any pawn not wearing a woolen parka at -50 is likely to freeze to death.

I was talking about the visitors or caravans, raiders too.

Quote from: Ekarus on June 17, 2016, 05:18:58 AM
The pawns will grab cold weather gear for cold areas if they can afford it. And that's where the problem is, all of their outfit comes from one pool that's barely enough to make a cheap shirt, pants, and jacket. Armor, hats, clothes all come from the same pool so fairly frequently they'll pick either just a parka or good armor and nothing underneath.
Makes sense. I think not freezing to death should still be a priority over not getting shot to death, especially if it's not an immidiate attack.

cultist

Maybe visiting pawns in tundra/ice sheet could prioritize buying parkas and tuques? Shirts and pants do not contribute much to insulation unless they are made of something fancy, but even a poor cloth tuque gives a decent boost.

Ekarus

Quote from: cultist on June 17, 2016, 09:48:02 AM
Maybe visiting pawns in tundra/ice sheet could prioritize buying parkas and tuques? Shirts and pants do not contribute much to insulation unless they are made of something fancy, but even a poor cloth tuque gives a decent boost.

I think I said something along the lines of (in a thread about Cold seeds) pawns visiting/attacking extremely cold areas should simply be "Granted" a parka and tuque without it taking from their clothing budget in the same way melee attackers at higher levels are "granted" shields.

Plymouth

Quote from: Ekarus on June 17, 2016, 09:56:25 AM
Quote from: cultist on June 17, 2016, 09:48:02 AM

I think I said something along the lines of (in a thread about Cold seeds) pawns visiting/attacking extremely cold areas should simply be "Granted" a parka and tuque without it taking from their clothing budget in the same way melee attackers at higher levels are "granted" shields.
Good idea, I like it.