New types of SKILLS

Started by Kryc8, June 18, 2016, 03:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think that my idea is good?

I agree with you in 100%
1 (50%)
I agree only with teaching , learning and backstory idea.
0 (0%)
I agree only with hobby's idea.
0 (0%)
I agree only with backstory idea.
1 (50%)
I don't agree with you at all.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Kryc8

Hi I want to share my suggestion that I was thinking a lot about.

In the game tribal with big crafting skill can create charge rifle but colonist that was learning in the best
medical school in the world can't perform brain operation.

I have solution to those problems. Every person can do things that he know how to do them. For example tribe craftsman should know how to make long bows but he should not know how to make guns.
Tribal grower should know how to plant healroot but normal grower shouldn't know. Expert engineer  should know how to make geothermal generators but he shouldn't know to build turret. You know what I mean.

So If you have colonist who know how to build for example geothermal generators you don't need to research geothermal generators if you still have that person.

Colonist that know how to make long bow can teach others (with crafting skill high enough) how to make long bow. (Chance of success would be small and would depend on crafting and social skill of teacher and crafting skill and mood of pupil)

Who have those skill would depend on person:
backstory (brain surgeon knows how to perform brain surgery)
hobby (someone who love survival know how to make bow)
If he was taught those skill or not

I have english skills but my social skill is too low so sorry for my grammar. :)
I hope that you understood what I meant and if you think that my idea is good let me know.

Kryc8

I forgot to mention every colonist should have hobby's. So colonist (crafting skill 2) have survival hobby
so he get joy and mood bonus for every bow he made (+2 for example) and he could go sleep outside sometimes which also would give him mood bonus (maybe tents for this type of colonists?)  It's his hobby so he would be making bows by himself in free time. Colonist would have diffrent hobby's like art, music, cooking, tv, social, fighting, fishing, weapon making, growing (green thumb overhaul?), learning, praying etc.

Kryc8

Also gun safety lessions.
Colonist colonist who had no gun safety lesson can randomly shot his gun possibly harming himself or someone else (even raider) Everyone who had safety lession can teach others but success chance depends on shooting and social skill of teacher and mood of pupil

milon

Quote from: Kryc8 on June 18, 2016, 03:42:36 PM
I have english skills but my social skill is too low so sorry for my grammar. :)
I hope that you understood what I meant and if you think that my idea is good let me know.

English skill isn't based on your social skill.  It's based on your backstory & any Research (English) you've done.  :P

And I kind of like the idea.  It would make pawn faction & backstory more important than just starting skills & disabled tasks.

EDIT - Which voting option is for making backstory relevant to colonist building skills?

Kryc8

QuoteI agree only with teaching learning
I forgot about backstory. Fixed now

Azzarrel

Quote from: milon on June 20, 2016, 08:26:42 AM
Quote from: Kryc8 on June 18, 2016, 03:42:36 PM

English skill isn't based on your social skill.  It's based on your backstory & any Research (English) you've done.  :P

And I kind of like the idea.  It would make pawn faction & backstory more important than just starting skills & disabled tasks.

EDIT - Which voting option is for making backstory relevant to colonist building skills?

There should be an option to change the backstory/teach your pawns new stuff.
If I go for a medieval colony some hi-tech engineer would be useless, as there would also be no use for a swordsmith once everyone has firearms.

It might be possible to implement some sort of recipe/learning system, while the backstory defines the recipes a character knows from the beginning, while colonists can share their recipes or something like that. (You could order one craftsman to teach another a special recipe)

Kryc8

It might be possible to implement some sort of recipe/learning system, while the backstory defines the recipes a character knows from the beginning, while colonists can share their recipes or something like that. (You could order one craftsman to teach another a special recipe)
This is what I meant
Some geothermal mechanic know how to build geothermal generator and he could teach others.
Tribe craftman could teach some gunsmith how to make great bows and gunsmith could teach tribe craftman how to make guns etc.