[A17][WIP] Macrocosm

Started by PeteTimesSix, August 19, 2017, 05:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Man, this is such a step in the right direction towards making the world map actually matter. Damn, I want more stuff like this, DEFINITELY!

Pete, would it be fair to say that you don't have any plans to return to this project at any point in the near future? Would you reconsider it maybe after seeing how 1.0 turns out?

Fatsack

HEY MAN,
I was dreaming about a mod, and I come here and find it!  Awesome! 

1 idea I had. 

Maybe after you build a settlement, could you assign a mayor, and 'collapse' the settlement down to just automatically calculate an output of resources/soldiers, etc and then move on with your favorite pawns to start a new settlement?   This is effectively nation-building, where you can have many more settlements, but the CPU overhead would be able to handle it because it wouldn't fully simulate each settlement, it would just summarize what happens there while you play a new settlement on a new map.   

If theres a way to 'collapse' a settlement into what pirate bases or other settlements are, where maybe you save the settlement map, and then analyze its contents to just produce a plain output of resources, caravans, etc, but then you could 'open' up the settlement again from the saved settlement map if you need to change or take some pawns or something.

That would keep the performance hit of multiple settlements down but effectively allow you to nation build, or take a caravan between them one at a time.