What's your favorite game soundtrack?

Started by TronPrime1, February 20, 2014, 12:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splinterbee

All halo games, skyrim, starbound, rimworld, minecraft, terraria, mario, legend of Zelda so on and so forth
Video games, are pretty good

OmegaConstruct

Halo 2. I used to listen to that constantly.

Neone

daft73

For this game and any other similar (space themed) I have always chosen to listen to non-descript, ambiance. Symphonies of the Planets...
It's recordings from the Voyagers on board recording system. Truly a unique experience.

As far as actual 'game' soundtracks..most are uninspired. A few that have any real worth for music's sake....old games like Zelda, and Final Fantasy have their niches. Some current 'soundtracks' I use regularly use outside of the game itself:

1.Endless Space, jazzy space-trance.
2.Legend of Dungeon, kinda a modern 'dance mix' of old 8-bit glory.
3.Tropico, latin salsa.

Otherwise I'll listen to various bands..Galactic, Mudhoney, The Smiths, Slowdive to name a few.

Nitishajack

There will always be place in my heart for the Command & Conquer: Red Alert soundtrack.

Avis

FTL: Faster Than Light, And i remember gunpoint having a awesome one too.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

SlimeCrusher

Half Life 1 is my favorite one, the music fit REALLY well into the situation!

Spoolicus

If only you all knew how many soundtracks I have in my iTunes library. Literally days worth of game soundtracks are there. I would have to say somewhere between Crusader Kings II and Bastion. Another, non-video game soundtrack that I absolutely love is the Twilight Symphony by the Zelda Reorchestrated Team which, sadly! has disbanded since 2012. Listen to the three and a half hours of orchestra music. Absolutely beautiful.

Dajmin

I've got a few favourites from over the years.

The original Street Fighter 2 arcade had great tunes.
The first Killer Instinct arcade music was mind blowing and covered nearly every genre.
Donkey Kong Country on the SNES was cool, especially the underwater music.
Halo 3 had an epic soundtrack.
Red Dead Redemption's was amazingly atmospheric, understated and perfect.  Probably my favourite of the last few years.
DAJMIN
Playstation Network | Steam
Nerds by Day, Rock Stars by Night: The Rock Star Gamers

Dr. Z

23 replies and nobody mentioned Portal????? The best fucking game music ever created.

The soundtracks of FTL, Byond Good & Evil HD, Mass Effect and RimWorld itself are also in my favorites, but there's nothing what can beat the Portal games.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Spoolicus

Dr. Z

Quote from: Spoolicus on April 24, 2014, 09:56:16 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on April 24, 2014, 08:44:59 AM
23 replies and nobody mentioned Portal?????

Portal had a soundtrack? :P

Still Alive and Want you gone? Are you kidding me?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Spoolicus

Quote from: Dr. Z on April 24, 2014, 09:59:33 AM

I'll give you those, but other than that I don't recall much other music in the games.

Dr. Z

Quote from: Spoolicus on April 24, 2014, 10:04:54 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on April 24, 2014, 09:59:33 AM

I'll give you those, but other than that I don't recall much other music in the games.
Yeah of course because there is no other music^^
But it's still the best game music I know.
Prasie the Squirrel!

CremionisD

For some strange reason when I start think about games with great music, I don't really seem to remember any recent games. Perhaps the music really isn't as good, or perhaps they all sound the same to me. Don't know -- There is one OLD game, which I remember to have a superb soundtrack: Shadow of the Beast. (The first one of the series, published ages ago for Amiga).