Chop off limb, get human meat.

Started by cultist, June 22, 2016, 02:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cultist

So I just had a horrible idea. Well, a great idea but it's kind of horrific. It's pretty simple:

When you remove a limb (not an organ) from a pawn, it drops a small amount of human meat. So you could literaly chop a pawn's arm off and feed it to them. Or to the dogs, if you're the well-adjusted friendly kind of player.

This could be extended to injuries as well, so after a particularly bloody fight, the battlefield would be littered with small piles of human meat that might attract predators or scavengers, making it more dangerous to clean up the area afterwards.

Kryc8

Animals would be attracted to meat and would protect it.
+1

JimmyAgnt007

Cutting people up for meat has been suggested before, I know because I suggested it.  However the idea of a post battle frenzy of predators (animals not the alien for the love of the void gods) is a good one.  Got a good idea of my own but going to put it in its own thread.

milon

Quote from: cultist on June 22, 2016, 02:38:30 PM
When you remove a limb (not an organ) from a pawn, it drops a small amount of human meat. So you could literaly chop a pawn's arm off and feed it to them. Or to the dogs visitors, if you're the well-adjusted friendly kind of player.

Fixed that for ya.

Listen1

Quote from: Kryc8 on June 22, 2016, 02:47:21 PM
Animals would be attracted to meat and would protect it.
+1

+1

But I wouldn't make it drop actual meat, It would drop a bodypart that can be butchered into meat... dogs would haul the arms and legs... and it got creapy.

Changed my mind, better drop meat.

b0rsuk

Colonists would avoid it by default, but pet animals would mostly have no issues, especially jerks like cats. And I like cats.

Kryc8

Pet animals would mostly have no issues, especially jerks like cats.
And then all cats would be eaten by bear protecting his food.
+1

b0rsuk

I say go an extra mile and make colonists who witness this (pet eats colonist limb) get a -10 mood debuff. Let players discover it and worry about it.

Kryc8

Colonists who witness bear eating cat eating colonist limb get -20 mood debuff.
I starting to like this even more