Manual Priorities to 6

Started by charkesd, June 23, 2016, 05:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charkesd

Instead of 1-4 why not 1-6?

Maybe it's been considered and makes the game too ez, or something I wouldn't expect. Otherwise it sounds like an easy way to in a way give the game more content and more... assertiveness? That sound's stupid but hopefully you get my drift.

Authenticity. Official..ness...

ArguedPiano

Personally, 4 works just fine for me. Often I only need 3 to configure my colonists. Very seldom do I resort to the 4th option, but it's nice to have.

But that's just me. I'm sure there is a wide variety of play styles.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Fridolin

take a look at fluffy's new work tab.

GarettZriwin

4 is no longer enough for me, I would like 5/6 too.

Kryc8

In fluffy tabs mod you can set priorities to 9.

b0rsuk

Note that jobs with "same priority" are still considered from left to right. Once you understand how it works, you should no longer need higher numbers.

What I would like to see however is critical priority -1 or 0. Jobs with critical priority would be performed immediately, dropping any task a colonist is currently doing. Firefighting, doctoring, perhaps repair (it includes replacing broken components in generators and hydroponic tables).

Mikhail Reign

What about if I wanted someone to clean, then haul, then craft, then smith, and finally if nothing else, hunt?

ro.othorick

Quote from: b0rsuk on June 24, 2016, 01:37:22 PM
Note that jobs with "same priority" are still considered from left to right. Once you understand how it works, you should no longer need higher numbers.

Need? Maybe not. But it makes for a lot more micromanagement for certain things. "grow -> haul -> craft -> repair -> build" is something I use a lot, and while you can do it with 4, it eats all the priorities you have, leaving you unable to also prioritize researching over cleaning without researching winding up in the middle of that.

b0rsuk

If you have such a colonist gifted in all areas, he won't have time for all these activities anyway.

Kryc8

/\ But It would make things easier anyway

charkesd

Quote from: b0rsuk on June 25, 2016, 01:37:59 PM
If you have such a colonist gifted in all areas, he won't have time for all these activities anyway.

advanced bionics

AnDelusionalDog

I would love 5 or 6 manual priorities. Definitely should be added.