Can enemies go berserk?

Started by quxzcover, June 26, 2016, 03:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quxzcover

so im trying a psychically deaf colony with a crashed ship part emanating -50 mood. some traders just passed through, and were at 0% mood almost the entire time, and none of them broke or went berserk. i havent tried with enemies yet, but can people who are not your colonists suffer from penalties from having low mood?

christhekiller

I think so. I think one of the items is something you can use to drive enemies berserk. I'm not 100% but I seem to remember this using it on siegers or at least some siegers going mental.

quxzcover

i know there are items you can use, they work great on sappers, but can they naturally go berserk from being too unhappy?

A Friend

Yeah, I had a volatile raider go berserk once after going through a field of rotting corpses.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Tagasaki

Enemies do tend to break and go berserk especially when they try to siege for the longest time and have no chance to rest properly. Push some boomalopes along their way and see how it goes... =P

Wex

One of the uses of the psychic lance is to fling into berserk mode their baddest melee fighter. He will usually kill one or two enemies, but everyone will shoot at him. He will have the deflector shield, so he will withstand a lot of punishment, and missing bullet will hit someone else.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison