Bomber

Started by caidrath, June 28, 2016, 06:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caidrath

A'right, its me again with another suggestion. Basicly, a suicide-bomber with a 40x40 detonation bomb, running through your colony. The event will happen immidiately(no waiting when event pops-up). You can kill him before reaching the base. So you need turrets or shooting ability. In late-game, it can come with siege for breaching walls. Any upgrade is welcome.

Kryc8

Instead of suicide-bomber I would prefer event with epic animal (like thumbo) that is very big and act like Boomalope exept that It would make much bigger explosion and it would be hunting humans as default.

MarcTheMerc

40 x 40 is pretty big considering the average map (don't quote me on this) is 250 x 250 tiles. You're blowing up almost 1600 tiles.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

VortecusMaximus

Yeah, 40x40 is a bit stupid, maybe like just default suicide bombers? They can come randomly as raiders and when come into contact with a colonist or colonist pet, they will blow themselves up destroying everything in a 3x3 space around them. When they find a wall or a door that is blocking them from getting to the colonists, they will destroy the wall/door for their friends (sacrificing themselves for the good of their own faction)

VortecusMaximus

When they die they should drop a suicide vest that can actually be used by your colonists, you wear it like a jacket and when the time comes, you right click on them and click self-detonate, or right click on the actual vest in their clothing screen and detonate it, but obviously having it as a manual explosion only, don't want some colonist blowing up randomly for a squirrel gone mad...

Tagasaki

Holy shit, 40x40 suicide bomber. I think I would agree on this on condition that this only spawn at late game and only spawn one and has the rating of having 50 units of raiders with good durability. :p

Wex

There's a mod for that.
Or at least there was up'till alpha 9.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

b0rsuk

40x40 ? A sniper rifle has what, 45 tile range ? And  you probably can't get a shot off fast enough to kill him from outside range.

So what remains - 20 mortars ? Sacrificing a colonist to intercept ? An isolated turret ?

carbon

Unleash the Squirrels of War!

Keep in mind a 40x40 area has a radius of 20 tiles (not 40), so it's less than half of a sniper's range.

----

But in trying to build on the idea, I think some sort of demolitions expert raider who plants a large bomb next to your base and then makes a run for it is a bit more lore-appropriate. Tribals don't have access to bomb tech and pirates are mostly in it for the money. Plus, you could get a shot at disarming the bomb with a high level crafter before the timer goes off.

That would certainly make for some tense gameplay.

Neotic

What if the raiders plant the bomb. Lets say you have a a outer wall the raiders could plant a bomb and destroy the wall to get in. but it would take time for it to go off (15 seconds) and if your have a colonist nearby you could defuse it (5 seconds to defuse) 2 attempts at most to defuse and the rest to run away). the bombers would not only breach walls but place bombs on you energy sources (solar-panels wind turbines geothermal etc)
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Wex

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison