[Request] Simpler Surgery Mod

Started by DariusWolfe, June 28, 2016, 09:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DariusWolfe

I think that mods like EPOE are really cool, and they definitely seem to be super popular, but it just does considerably more than I want. I just want a mod that allows me to heal crippled colonists. I'm not trying to build my own prosthetics and super cybernetics; I just want to get my people up and moving and functional again.

Things that are vanilla-unhealable like shattered pelvises, and other things I've seen people mention are my main focus. Early options would include things like wheel chairs and crutches, but more serious injuries might require more advanced surgeries or more expensive prosthetics.

Anyone want to do that, I'll greatly appreciate it.

Byzanteen

Agreed. I was thinking about suggesting a sort of 3d printer which could allow colonists to reconstruct fingers, toes and such.
We need also some kind of hearing aid for deaf ones, imo.

Aristocat

Crutches already exist, peg legs.

I don't know what exactly you want. EPOE let you craft pegs legs, pelvises and steel arms, etc without any research, and you don't need to craft super cybernetics.

Quote from: Byzanteen on June 30, 2016, 12:53:21 PM
Agreed. I was thinking about suggesting a sort of 3d printer which could allow colonists to reconstruct fingers, toes and such.
We need also some kind of hearing aid for deaf ones, imo.

My medical complication mod pack let you repair broken fingers and toes.

DariusWolfe

QuoteCrutches already exist, peg legs.

Not quite. A peg leg will not allow someone with a shattered pelvis to move, but a pair of crutches will, as would a wheel chair.

QuoteI don't know what exactly you want. EPOE let you craft pegs legs, pelvises and steel arms, etc without any research, and you don't need to craft super cybernetics.

I want a mod that lets you do that stuff and only that stuff. I don't want the functionality for the rest. I don't want the special materials, or additional work tables. Why does it matter? Cleaner interface, for starters, mod compatibility as well (the more a mod changes, the more likely there will be conflicts).

CannibarRechter

CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

kaptain_kavern

QuoteI just want a mod that allows me to heal crippled colonists. I'm not trying to build my own prosthetics and super cybernetics; I just want to get my people up and moving and functional again.

Sounds like DESurgery :

Adds new surgeries to Rimworld.

2 cosmetic surgeries: Ear and Nose.
        8 chronic surgeries: Bad back, Frail, Cataract, Hearing loss, Dementia, Alzheimers, Asthma and Heart artery blockage.
        12 injury surgeries: Burn, Crush, Crack, Cut, Surgical cut, Scratch, Bite, Stab, Gunshot, Shredded, Bruise, Frostbite.
        2 Parasite surgeries : Muscle Parasite, Gut Worms
        5 bone/limb surgeries: Finger, Toe, Mandible, Rib cage and Spine.

DariusWolfe

So far, it looks like Skullywag's Extended Surgery has what I want, too. I've not *had* a shattered pelvis since I downloaded it, but I have seen the occasional pelvis for sale.

skullywag

itll be updated very soon, ran into some issues with tonights update batch.....but im on it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

DariusWolfe

FWIW, it (the A13 version) hasn't broken for me in my current A14 game. I get the errors at the menu-screen, but in terms of in-game effect, it seems to be working well.

skullywag

oh everythings updated, im just busy getting images and stuff sorted for steam, its taking ages and is very very boring lol. I had issues with another mod, i was messing with and it ate my time.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kaptain_kavern

I have updated DESurgery : you can now perform Pelvis reconstruction for 3 units of medicine and 24 units of plasteel.

Thx for the suggestion