[WIP] Hot and Cold Minification

Started by RemingtonRyder, May 13, 2016, 07:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Hey guys,

Here's a preview version of Hot and Cold Minification for Alpha 13. It has been tested but not extensively and it may not be balanced, let me know if there are any problems!

Download -Dropbox

What's not done:

• Production tables
  • Minified turrets don't have their own production bench yet
  • Minified turrets are missing the 'Zap' style explosion when badly damaged
What is done:

• Minified turrets are available - research Smithing to get the crossbow turret, Machining to unlock the gun turrets
  • Lanterns, oil and wood burning - you can convert between these at the basic crafting spot
  • Sesame plant - used to make oil by pressing seeds
  • Seed press - bench for pressing seeds
  • Winter apparel can be made at the basic crafting spot (fleece only) and the tailoring benches

Further updates:

• Increased the yield of sesame seeds to 15 from 5.

RemingtonRyder

I've finally made a texture for the new turret-making bench:

(Yes, there is a side texture too)

Hiztaar

I receive an error right in my face everytime I try to craft a turret from your mod or use your assemblies for my turrets

Here is the error :

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Doug, Job=DoBill A=Thing_TableMachining75666 B=Thing_Components75861 C=(99, 0, 140), Exception: System.MethodAccessException: Method `Verse.VerbTracker:InitVerbs ()' is inaccessible from method `HotCold_Minification.CompTurretInit:Initialize (Verse.CompProperties)'

at Verse.ThingWithComps.InitializeComps () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingWithComps.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.GenRecipe+<MakeRecipeProducts>c__Iterator1A7.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at USCM_DB.JobDriver_DoBill+<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>b__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Hiztaar

Well it works with the version from your website. The dropbox link is an outdated version. Beware ;)
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

RemingtonRyder

Well that's odd. They're both the same ZIP file.

There's a minor change in the DLL for Alpha 13, so if you had tried to recompile the old one, this might be the result.

RemingtonRyder

So, this isn't going to be finished for A13. I mean it kind of is finished as it stands, but with the Steam release just around the corner, I'm going to busy with updating to A14. Sorry about that!

RemingtonRyder

New thing added today! Still no idea when this is going to be released.

Cobblestone. Basically, a low-tech way of making some crude stone blocks before you research stonecutting technology. It's slightly unattractive though!