Kitchen and workshops

Started by MarcTheMerc, July 04, 2016, 04:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcTheMerc

When a butcher table is put in a kitchen it the room turns into a workshop rather then remaining a kitchen in the room tab. I know being a workbench this make sence but it doesn't feel right.
Not sure if bug or feature.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

skullywag

The room scoring is a little finicky, Kitchen is actually a room type but it only looks for things in the room with a nutritional value, so storing your food elsewhere will mean your "kitchen" wont be a kitchen, wheras a workshop room only cares about worktables which the butcher and stove are. Ive been debating writing some "better" room workers to try and improve this, but the outcome really isnt worth the work. Rooms just dont mean anything to me as a player.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Wex

The fun thing about the butcher table is that it benefits from tools cabinets. I mean, how long does it take to butcher an animal in Rimworld?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

hwfanatic

Your kitchen needs to be clean to avoid food poisoning. Sticking a butchering table inside won't help.