Why do some people have their steam keys already and others dont?

Started by Encadi, July 07, 2016, 05:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Encadi

Just wondering I bought the game before the date he said and still havent received the key but some people appear to have done so already

harpo99999

as one of the kickstarter backers, I ca nsay that I have not received any steaming keys, nor do I expect to till after the steaming release

Encadi

skullywag

only testers have gotten steam keys, if anyone who isnt a tester has one then something is very wrong.

To note these keys are only valid for testing once release hits we will have to relinquish them and follow the same process as everyone else.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Encadi

narkul

6 people currently playing with an all time peak of 9 , doesn't seem like a whole lot of steam testers.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

PotatoeTater

The rest of us just tested it the same way we always have.
Life is Strange

Tynan

Some journalists have also been given keys so they can write previews.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Shurp

Do I even need a Steam key when the final version is released?  Just wondering why all the fuss over Steam keys...
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

ChimpX

You won't need a Steam key to play the game you purchased & downloaded through that SendOwl service.

But you will need a Steam key to write a review for RW on Steam. That's the only reason I want a key.

Shurp

Quote from: ChimpX on July 07, 2016, 06:46:09 PM
You won't need a Steam key to play the game you purchased & downloaded through that SendOwl service.

That's what I wanted to hear :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

falcongrey

Quote from: Tynan on July 07, 2016, 03:15:15 PM

Journalists?  :o

Which ones so I can watch out for the review and beat them with a plasteel club if they say anything bad!  ;D (J/K)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

dismar

Quote from: falcongrey on July 08, 2016, 06:26:15 PM
Quote from: Tynan on July 07, 2016, 03:15:15 PM

Journalists?  :o

Which ones so I can watch out for the review and beat them with a plasteel club if they say anything bad!  ;D (J/K)

I've seen a few Youtubers showing off the steam version nothing special if you have ever played a game on steam before.