Rimworld graphics fuzzy/low/breaking

Started by Naeem, July 07, 2016, 10:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naeem

Hi I have been trying for about 2 hours now to fix my Rimworld graphics. The game works great but the quality is fuzzy and the resolution is low,even though I set every think to max except AA. Can someone please give me some help on how to fix this? I don't care if I have to rip through the code to find it. Thanks.

Daman453

Could we see a screenshot of this problem?
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Naeem

I hoped I posted the picture right... But If its there , you can see the screen is fuzzy or blurry

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Argelle

Mismatch between the native resolution of your screen and what the pgm displays?

BlackSmokeDMax

Going by the resolution of the screenshot, it looks like you are running too low of a resolution. (as in below the minimum required - which I believe is 1024 x 768)

Naeem

Im not too sure what pgm display means but my default resolution 1366X768. Rimworlds resolution is 1366X768 also. I tried re-installing Rimworld but that doesnt help at all. I also put fullscreen off then on again,didnt work either...Is there a way I can force the game to run on a better resolution because the in-game options isnt helping me.

Tagasaki

Fuzzy and blurry?

Could it be a forced Anti-Aliasing? Check in the graphic settings.

Naeem

I too think its forced AA but I disabled it in the in-game settings but still no luck. Is there any way to manually shut it down(Turn it off)

DariusWolfe

The strange thing to me is that some of the image is fairly crisp looking, and other areas look blurred; Specifically it looks like the textures themselves are blurry, but the text and some of the borders seem pretty clear.

This suggests that it has nothing to do with the graphics settings of the computer itself, but with whatever is rendering the in-game assets.

brucethemoose

That smells like bad graphics driver settings to me. Its like texture filtering is messed up and/or AA is being forced where it shouldn't.

Open your graphics card utility, make sure none of that is enabled.

If that doesn't work, uninstall your graphics card drivers using the normal method (Windows Control Panel -> Programs), then run DDU to clean anything thats left out:

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=276

Then download the latest graphics drivers for whatever your system has, or just let Windows Update do it with the option in DDU.

Naeem

Bruce The Moose your a G thanks so much man. I never knew how outdated my graphics card was. I updated it about 5 mins ago and Rimworlds graphics are looking crisp and clean! Thanks so much!!!

Tagasaki

Remember to make a statue for brucethemoose. Out of uranium and must be exceptionally well made.