Doctors prioritize wounds illogically.

Started by Razul Antiwield, July 06, 2016, 12:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razul Antiwield

Many times now I have had someone get stabbed, shot, dismembered, infected etc. but the doctors still treat wounds such as bruises and shredding first. Doctors need better prioritization as to what is the most important wound to treat. Sometimes this is an actual issue, too, as a patient might have a whole lot of bruising but also an untreated infection which needs to be treated ASAP or the patient will not be able to develop an immunity fast enough.

Neotic

Quote from: Razul Antiwield on July 06, 2016, 12:56:15 AM
Many times now I have had someone get stabbed, shot, dismembered, infected etc. but the doctors still treat wounds such as bruises and shredding first. Doctors need better prioritization as to what is the most important wound to treat. Sometimes this is an actual issue, too, as a patient might have a whole lot of bruising but also an untreated infection which needs to be treated ASAP or the patient will not be able to develop an immunity fast enough.
This seems like more of a suggestion
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Razul Antiwield

Quote from: Tacopaco on July 06, 2016, 07:29:06 AM
This seems like more of a suggestion
Yeah, it is. *Excuse about being tired here*

hwfanatic

Seems logical enough that doctors should prioritise treating most serious wounds first. But then again, you can prevent most infections by cleaning all the blood in the room.

I haven't looked into the code, but I don't think there is any sort of prioritization and it just works through the list of injuries in a "top-down" manner (ie, first injury incurred is the first one healed).
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.