How are youtubers playing alpha 14 and its not even out yet

Started by EnderTitanX, July 12, 2016, 03:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnderTitanX

so ive been seeing some youtubers like Ryconroleplays play rimworld alpha 14 but its not even out yet

Peppsen

It's a preview build to hype up the release and to advertise the game

BugPowderDust

Hax. I am playing Alpha15, and it's amazeballs! You can start as Mechs now, poor Mech family who are misunderstood and just want to hug colonists.

Cimanyd

Quote from: BugPowderDust on July 12, 2016, 05:51:48 AM
Hax. I am playing Alpha15, and it's amazeballs! You can start as Mechs now, poor Mech family who are misunderstood and just want to hug colonists.

Sounds great! I want to play as an infestation a misunderstood insect hive, can we do that too?
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

EscapeZeppelin

Quote from: Cimanyd on July 13, 2016, 02:20:40 AM

Sounds great! I want to play as an infestation a misunderstood insect hive, can we do that too?

I'm playing as a deer. My lack of hands limits gameplay but it's surprisingly zen-like.

Bastobasto

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on July 14, 2016, 10:19:40 AM
Quote from: Cimanyd on July 13, 2016, 02:20:40 AM

I'm playing as a deer. My lack of hands limits gameplay but it's surprisingly zen-like.
Oh deer.

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

i got memes running around in place of my colonist

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Chibiabos

I heard Alpha 16 is ready for the first person to bring Tynan a chocolate cake. ;)
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Chibiabos

Looking at the Steam EA page for Rimworld, it says it will unlock "in approximately" 12 hours.  Its currently 20 minutes to 10 p.m. here in Pacific time, so that would put its unlock at around 10 a.m. Pacific time/1 p.m. Eastern or 5 p.m. GMT.

I don't know if we'll get e-mails with our keys at the exact same time, or maybe just before, or maybe just after.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Quote from: Chibiabos on July 15, 2016, 12:08:50 AM
I heard Alpha 16 is ready for the first person to bring Tynan a chocolate cake. ;)

where does he live?! i must go and buy him his cake!
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Chibiabos on July 15, 2016, 12:44:12 AM
Looking at the Steam EA page for Rimworld, it says it will unlock "in approximately" 12 hours.  Its currently 20 minutes to 10 p.m. here in Pacific time, so that would put its unlock at around 10 a.m. Pacific time/1 p.m. Eastern or 5 p.m. GMT.

I don't know if we'll get e-mails with our keys at the exact same time, or maybe just before, or maybe just after.

HOLY CRAP !!! Chibi, you nearly gave me a heart attack.
I have steam, but I don't use it very much and it took me a while to figure out you mean Early Access.

Please refrain from using EA in conjunctere with games I love.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.