Questions that are food related

Started by quxzcover, July 13, 2016, 12:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quxzcover

I am making a google sheets laying out the growth time, Avg yield, Food/day, selling price, Etc of plants and animals. there are some factors that i dont know if they make a difference or not. they are:

- Nutrition
- fertility factor
- hunger rate
- Does maturity in animal mean optimal meat and leather?

Barley

I used to have the calculations but they died with my old computer. But I remember the results somewhat.

From what I remember, you want to use potatoes on poor soil, Corn on regular and rich soil, and rice in hydroponics. Berries are good if you expect to not have a cook for a while, but otherwise subpar. Colonists eat twice a day, and will consume 15 raw food items or a single meal (which costs 10 raw food items to make) to refill their hunger bars. The nutrient dispenser is even more efficient but gives colonists a mood debuff. Optimal meat comes from mature animals.

Neotic

Quote from: quxzcover on July 13, 2016, 12:04:16 AM
I am making a google sheets laying out the growth time, Avg yield, Food/day, selling price, Etc of plants and animals. there are some factors that i dont know if they make a difference or not. they are:

- Nutrition
- fertility factor
- hunger rate
- Does maturity in animal mean optimal meat and leather?
In the new update i believe it shows some of these
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

quxzcover

i originally wanted to calculate if it was worth it to grow haygrass to feed chickens to get eggs, or if i should just grow more potatoes and rice.

Shurp

Don't forget to consider the mood bonus of fine meals vs simple meals.  It's not just about nutrition.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.