It's getting cloooooser

Started by TronPrime1, February 25, 2014, 08:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TronPrime1

Man the hype is really starting to build and build and build... Alpha 2, where are you? Here are a few quotes that clue me in to it being close to release:

Tynan: "I'd just wait a few days, this will be much much easier with Alpha 2. "

Semmy: "Because he already is finishing up the release build."

Tynan: "Alpha 2 will come out very soon with a bunch of new stuff..."

MAN, it's closer than I thought, I'm so pumped up right now... Will it be tomorrow? The day after? Sorry if I'm building up the hype even more, IT'S JUST SO CLOSE! GAHH *Rips out hair*

Just, gimme a moment to calm down... phew. Wait, why does this thread exist in the first place? O_o

Timber

I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

rsdworker

Thunder Rahja

Lots of bugfixes in the daily changelog.

Jones-250

Quote from: Thunder1 on February 26, 2014, 12:34:13 AM
Lots of bugfixes in the daily changelog.
So, he's done with creating new stuff and is polishing the product so that it's fit for display... Sounds promising.
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

OobleckTheGreen

Stupid question perhaps, but where do I find this changelog? I looked around the site but didn't see anything labeled in an obvious way.

Rokiyo

Quote from: OobleckTheGreen on February 26, 2014, 09:44:26 AM
Stupid question perhaps, but where do I find this changelog? I looked around the site but didn't see anything labeled in an obvious way.

It's hosted over on Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub

There is also some useful info here: http://rimworldwiki.com/Version (a teeny tiny little link to the change log can also be found at the bottom of this page under References). :)

OobleckTheGreen

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ozog

TronPrime1

Wakes up, takes shower, checks Ludeon Forums, faints.

But, but, I have work today...

Woodat

Hooray! Day off! 

Quick question though: where's the download link? Wasn't in the latest email and the sendowl link still has the previous download count (so I'm not sure it's updated).  The current Alpha1 recognises there's a new version but doesn't allow automatic patching

Tynan

Quote from: Woodat on February 26, 2014, 10:48:27 AM
Hooray! Day off! 

Quick question though: where's the download link? Wasn't in the latest email and the sendowl link still has the previous download count (so I'm not sure it's updated).  The current Alpha1 recognises there's a new version but doesn't allow automatic patching

Your download should have reset to 5. What OS are you on?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TronPrime1

Yeah, I just checked my RimWorld Sendowl, and there's still only 3 left...
I'm on Windows 8.1

Woodat

Windows.  It is showing 3 downloads left still.  Given that let me click on it.

Ok, good news in one respect, it does download the Alpha2Win file.  Only two downloads left, however, after refreshing the page