will i get a steam key?

Started by lukiva, July 14, 2016, 04:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukiva

i just bought mine last year?

lukiva

looking at the faq dont look like i well kind of suxs but thats ok well glady buy again

skullywag

Just wait till tomorrow and find out, you may be pleasantly surprised.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sh4d0w225

I am personally a bit worried about how I actually get the key, is it via email? What? Beh.. Confusion!

Jaxxa

All shall be revealed soon.

Instill

Admiral Obvious

Quote from: Sh4d0w225 on July 14, 2016, 07:00:37 PM
I am personally a bit worried about how I actually get the key, is it via email? What? Beh.. Confusion!

It's either that, or through SendOwl (which will probably send you an email anyways).

Neotic

BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Jaxxa

I would assume that he thinks that it will be coming out on 3 hours, although steam is telling me 15 Hours from now.

seethreyes3

i bought the game a few days ago not knowing it would be on steam on the 15 lol RIP me  :o

Neotic

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 14, 2016, 09:09:17 PM
I would assume that he thinks that it will be coming out on 3 hours, although steam is telling me 15 Hours from now.
I wish it was 3 more
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

stefanstr

Quote from: lukiva on July 14, 2016, 04:28:17 PM
Then no. Only people who bought the game before November 2014 will get a Steam key. (I bought in January 2015, *sigh*)

Admiral Obvious

Quote from: stefanstr on July 15, 2016, 02:30:35 AM
Then no. Only people who bought the game before November 2014 will get a Steam key. (I bought in January 2015, *sigh*)

That's probably incorrect.

Valve now expressly forbids the promise of steam keys if the game hasn't been released to public market. Once the game is released on the Steam platform, the developer can create as many game keys as they so wish.

skullywag

Ill say it again.

Tynan cannot PROMISE you a key. Once its released he can do what he likes with keys...do the math.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

stefanstr

Quote from: Admiral Obvious on July 15, 2016, 02:53:22 AM
Quote from: stefanstr on July 15, 2016, 02:30:35 AM

That's probably incorrect.

Valve now expressly forbids the promise of steam keys if the game hasn't been released to public market. Once the game is released on the Steam platform, the developer can create as many game keys as they so wish.
This information is from the official FAQ on this very site, people.