[1.0]Toxic Fallout Protection Suit[V1.9.3]

Started by Chaia, July 15, 2016, 06:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How long do your colonists wear the toxic fallout protection suit?

Always, without dropping it even for in-base works
5 (26.3%)
Most time, with dropping it for time critical tasks
0 (0%)
Some time, only wearing it for outside works
12 (63.2%)
Never, because you forget about it / it's not that useful to you / you don't spend that much time outside
2 (10.5%)
Other (add a comment)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: July 24, 2016, 03:15:47 AM

MarcTheMerc

This mod looks amazing but I must ask doe's Talon industries have anything to do with Talon Mercs? or is it just another company named Talon. ;)
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Chaia

Quote from: isistoy on July 15, 2016, 11:31:03 AM
Nope.
Quoting yourself: "its true use will come up in alpha 14 with permanent toxic fallout map condition!"

To quickly test it out, it would mean using A13 + debug trigger the event.
Steam A14 is in the releasing, just now (1h 1/2 in EU)...

True. Guess I have to wait, until we can test it under real conditions :P

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on July 15, 2016, 11:34:18 AM
This mod looks amazing but I must ask doe's Talon industries have anything to do with Talon Mercs? or is it just another company named Talon. ;)

Just another company Talon, but I could probably rename it. The ABC-Jacket got a symbol on its back which looks like a "T", thats why :P

Jdalt40

Chaia

MarcTheMerc

Just another company Talon, but I could probably rename it. The ABC-Jacket got a symbol on its back which looks like a "T", thats why :P

No keep the name its a good one  ;D I named my mod as a homage to all the video game merc companies named Talon

"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Chaia

The mod is fixed so far, but as CCL isn't updated yet, I can't test the toxin protection during toxic fallouts. Guess you guys have to wait a bit :-/

eatKenny

i have some textures for you from my early version of industrialisation, see attachment

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

isistoy

These are nice :)
Anti-toxin med may also be a good item addition to this...
Meds to be used pre and/or post exposition, maybe
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Chaia

Update 1.1 is out! Even added a toxic fallout scenario, so you can play right away. As always, post bugs and balancing issues

edit:

Quote from: eatKenny on July 15, 2016, 04:32:35 PM
i have some textures for you from my early version of industrialisation, see attachment

Those look super awesome, but I won't use them, as they are. That protection suit is intented to be very bulky, but the "kit" on the back is a good idea.
Also the helmet has the nice little detail of a pipe going into the backpack.
If you don't mind, I would tear apart your textures, mix them up with mine and see what result we get. You would also get a mention somewhere in that post :-)

Quote from: isistoy on July 15, 2016, 05:21:18 PM
These are nice :)
Anti-toxin med may also be a good item addition to this...
Meds to be used pre and/or post exposition, maybe

You mean like going for Fallout and add something like RadAway and RadX?

isistoy

QuoteYou mean like going for Fallout and add something like RadAway and RadX?
Sthg like that, name is just a detail.

Some med or treatment to take pre/post exposing to toxic fallout effects.
I suppose post exposing, due to the fact you did the suit to prevent toxic buildup for later on.

This would allow a temp. solution to be there (at a cost) before you got research done and some suits built, in case of a "normal" run.
It's just an idea...
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

IndustryStandard

I'm curious, why not simply add a hazmat suit?

I think it'd be cooler to see in my opinion, I also think it's weird to take a social hit, afterall everyone in the colony would be aware of the toxic fallout outside, so it shouldn't be that weird seeing the suits.

I agree with slightly slowing the colonists and such.

Chaia

Quote from: IndustryStandard on July 15, 2016, 06:08:50 PM
I'm curious, why not simply add a hazmat suit?

I think it'd be cooler to see in my opinion, I also think it's weird to take a social hit, afterall everyone in the colony would be aware of the toxic fallout outside, so it shouldn't be that weird seeing the suits.

I agree with slightly slowing the colonists and such.

I made such big negative impact of the suit to discourage wearing it always, but just for going outside to do important jobs

You should check out the textures posted by eatKenny. Do you imagine a hazmat suit like that?
I could also make different versions. A heavy suit like the existing one for complete immunity and Armor against sharp, bullet and explosions; and a light suit just with the immunity.

Quote from: isistoy on July 15, 2016, 06:02:22 PM
QuoteYou mean like going for Fallout and add something like RadAway and RadX?
Sthg like that, name is just a detail.

Some med or treatment to take pre/post exposing to toxic fallout effects.
I suppose post exposing, due to the fact you did the suit to prevent toxic buildup for later on.

This would allow a temp. solution to be there (at a cost) before you got research done and some suits built, in case of a "normal" run.
It's just an idea...

Doing some RadAways would be very possible, RadX too, but with more effort.

So current possibilites for expansion would be different suits and items which helps against toxin buildup. Any other opinions and ideas community?

Veyda

Quote from: Chaia on July 15, 2016, 06:18:05 PM
I made such big negative impact of the suit to discourage wearing it always, but just for going outside to do important jobs.

Actually, reducing the Maximum Comfortable Temperature by 25-30 degrees (when all 3 parts equipped) — in addition to reducing Global Work Speed and Move Speed — should about do it. ;) You'll know what I mean if you ever wore a CBRN suit IRL.

EDIT: Maybe 20 degrees. A tweaking/testing/balancing pass is required to find a sweet spot.

Chaia

Quote from: Veyda on July 15, 2016, 08:27:08 PM
Quote from: Chaia on July 15, 2016, 06:18:05 PM
I made such big negative impact of the suit to discourage wearing it always, but just for going outside to do important jobs.

Actually, reducing the Maximum Comfortable Temperature by 25-30 degrees (when all 3 parts equipped) — in addition to reducing Global Work Speed and Move Speed — should about do it. ;) You'll know what I mean if you ever wore a CBRN suit IRL.

EDIT: Maybe 20 degrees. A tweaking/testing/balancing pass is required to find a sweet spot.

As already mentioned on YouTube: That is a good suggestion, if the body temperature limits the time wearing it, I could delete the social impact and increase working and moving speed a bit. But I will wait for other suggestions before I decide

Chaia

I'm currently working on some kind of ToxAway (like fallouts RadAway) which will be an ingestible form of medication to decrease toxic buildup.
Option one:
ToxAway will come in 3 different variants: makeshift (weaker variant with side effects but craftable from the beginning), normal (normal strength with lesser side effects, researchable and then craftable) and the glitterworld variant (best strength, no side effects and only buy-able)
Option two:
ToxAway can be made out of medicine and additional stuff. Also 3 variants: makeshift (made out of herbal medicine, same effects as in option 1), normal variant (made out of normal medicine) and glitterworld variant (made out of glitterworld medicine)

Any opinions on that guys?