Rich Explorer Scenario

Started by hwfanatic, July 15, 2016, 09:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwfanatic

I was so looking forward to this scenario, but seeing a couple of videos of Alpha 14 on Youtube, I am not sure what to think. What exactly is the point of this scenario if you get a wander joins type of event in the first couple of days. Am I missing something?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: hwfanatic on July 15, 2016, 09:39:48 AM
I was so looking forward to this scenario, but seeing a couple of videos of Alpha 14 on Youtube, I am not sure what to think. What exactly is the point of this scenario if you get a wander joins type of event in the first couple of days. Am I missing something?

I tend to agree. I guess the major difference is you only have control over what the original colonists stats/traits are. After that you are left to the mercy of the RNG.

mew_the_pinkmin

pawns cant doctor themselves. if he takes any big damage or gets an infection then your done for.
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

Emmote

But the story teller will nearly always throw an extra colonist your way within the first 20 minutes. So they won't be alone for long enough for the non-self-doctoring to even come into play.

Gennadios

There *is* an option to disable the "Wanderer join" incident if you edit a pre-packaged scenario. It should pretty much come standard, I don't remember anyone defending that particular incident in the discussions where it was brought up.

Just keep in mind that it'll be game over if your whole colony wipes, you won't have random colonists moving in just for the hell of it.