How to get your Steam Key

Started by milon, July 15, 2016, 02:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

1. goto the police and report yourself for a copyright violation ! :-)
2. enter https://rimworldgame.com/ and buy the game for the DRM-free version
or visit the steam shop for the steam only version.

zthemaster

ok, so you know the free beta that you sold to people before the game even got on steam? well, my friend (won't disclose a name because don't want him is trouble) emailed me a file of rim world and has been doing so on every new update. so now I am able to play the game without buying it. is this allowed? if not what do I do? also will the game not work once the full release is out because of steams anti-pirating feater(you know it checks to make sure that steam is installed and that you own the game)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: zthemaster on July 24, 2018, 02:45:25 PM
ok, so you know the free beta that you sold to people before the game even got on steam? well, my friend (won't disclose a name because don't want him is trouble) emailed me a file of rim world and has been doing so on every new update. so now I am able to play the game without buying it. is this allowed? if not what do I do? also will the game not work once the full release is out because of steams anti-pirating feater(you know it checks to make sure that steam is installed and that you own the game)

No, that is not allowed, that is pirating.

Also, no it won't stop the game from functioning. The game version purchased on this website (and downloaded through SendOwl), is DRM free, and does not use Steam at all. You can however, after purchasing here on ludeon website, have a copy of the game linked to your Steam account. This does not lose you access to the DRM free version, you have both that AND the version linked to your Steam account.

Ch0C0

Hi, first sorry for my english.

My Father bought me the game 2-3 years ago.
Yesterday he received a download link on his email account.

I want the game to connect with steam, but it dont gives steam keys.

This system registers your copy of the game directly on your Steam account. It does not give a separate Steam key. Legally, you own one copy of the game for your own use only. This system just lets you access it in several ways, for your convenience.

It will copy it to my steam account, but my email adress is different from my fathers email adress. What can i do to connect rimworld with my steam account and not with my fathers not existing steam account.

Thx for your help.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Ch0C0 on October 18, 2018, 09:35:27 AM
Hi, first sorry for my english.

My Father bought me the game 2-3 years ago.
Yesterday he received a download link on his email account.

I want the game to connect with steam, but it dont gives steam keys.

This system registers your copy of the game directly on your Steam account. It does not give a separate Steam key. Legally, you own one copy of the game for your own use only. This system just lets you access it in several ways, for your convenience.

It will copy it to my steam account, but my email adress is different from my fathers email adress. What can i do to connect rimworld with my steam account and not with my fathers not existing steam account.

Thx for your help.

Are you saying that your father bought you a copy AND he owns another copy himself? Both registered to the same email address?

For something like that you'll probably need to email the support email address?

If you meant something else, sorry!

Majamas

Quote from: Majamas on June 12, 2018, 11:54:29 AM
Yes, it was scam. I buyed illegal version :(
Reason is lack of credit card and looking for another payments method.
I can play on it but i feel angry when thinking about it.
I plan buy this game again in future, original version only.

Police found that scamer who sold me illegal version and after long time and i get my 30$ back. But it was long torture, 6 months, i was tired enought to forgot this game, must take psychical rest and played another games :).

Now i thinking about buying game again, this time planning to be sure of legality.

JGraham626

I'm pulling up 404-Not Found's when I try to click on the link sent to me by the Ludeon robot through email, as well as some various Ludeon links, like some of the ones on this thread. I'm assuming this is likely a problem with my browser or computer and not the bot, yes?

Canute

Try it again.
Yesterday some major services got problems, maybe that hit you too.
If you still got 404 error, maybe your Internet provider block something. Then try to email the support.