How to get your Steam Key

Started by milon, July 15, 2016, 02:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Get your key!
Everyone who legitimately purchased RimWorld from ludeon.com is eligible for a Steam key.  Yes, everyone:
https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/10/steam-keys-available-for-ongoing-purchases/

How do you get your key?  Easy!  Click this link to get started, or read below for more information.
http://rimworldgame.com/getmygame/

Official Keys Only
Please ONLY purchase RimWorld directly from Ludeon or Steam.  Do NOT purchase anywhere else, and especially beware "half-price keys".  It's a rip-off scheme by thieves that hurts everyone involved:
https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/07/rimworld-alpha-14-released-on-steam-with-scenario-system/

Known Issues

• Steam Key is "[order status: initial]"
    Order status: Initial means this account doesn't have access to the game. Sometimes one email has leftover initial orders in addition to the good order, and the system sends you the initial order because it's first. You'll get a key, email [email protected]

• "Duplicate Key" when entering Steam Key. First, try the key giver again. If it gives the same key, email [email protected] and ask for a new one.  NOTE: This applies ONLY to games purchased on the official RimWorld website before July 17.  It's been temporarily shut down for later purchasers due to piracy issues.  See https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/07/steam-key-giving-stopped-for-new-buyers/ for details.
    Should be resolved with the updated registration process

Got comments or questions?  Post 'em!

Mellthorn

Hello, just registered to report this. I've already checked the link and wrote my e mail. But i only got another sendowl download link and no steam keys yet. Do i have to wait for it or is there a problem right now ?

Edit: Its all fine now. I'm downloading the game :) Thank you for your response. And a big Thanks to all hardworking Ludeon Studios Staff!

milon

Good timing.  :)  I was just expanding the post to include all necessary steps.  Read the OP again and see if that helps.

Also, somewhere between steps 2 & 4 you're asked to login to the Steam website, I think.  I didn't record that part and don't remember how it happened.  If you can tell me, I'll add it to the steps above.

Mellthorn

After going through the steam link. You have to login with your steam username and password. After a succesfull login it directs you to a steam page very similar to your getmygame link.
There you have to type your e mail adress that you receive update links.
Then it sends the key to the e mail adress you have typed in.
And on Steam games tab theres an option Activate a product on Steam.
I typed the key i got by e mail in there. And it activated the game.
Then i clicked at the library and installed the game!

<3

ZachSmack

I know mine is a relatively uncommon issue, but I purchased rimworld from your kickstarter (What was it 3 years ago now?) and the email I used for kickstarter has since been compromised, I am willing to do anything necessary to prove that I am in fact a legitimate backer. (Who purchased the kickstarter backing in the distant past) Feel free to message me at the email associated with this forum account if you're willing to look into the issue and would like further verification, anything I can do to prove my identity I will do so.

-Sincerely
A longtime supporter of the game
ZachSmack

tldr: I can give you the previous aforementioned email address but I can't actually access the contents of it. All I'm simply asking is a way to change the email my steam key download goes to.

milon

^ We've got you covered.  Head over to the Missing Your Download Email thread (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1875.0) and email Ludeon support.  Please also mention that you want to be able to attach this to your Steam account.  (It should go without saying, but we're all new to this process, and a little reminder is always helpful.)

EDIT - Thanks for the updated info.  I've updated the steps.  :)

laney3214

Hi so I followed the steps to get my steam code but when i received the email it did not come with the code but there was my order number and it say '[order status: initial]'. where I presume the code should be. Can you help please?

milon

Give it a few minutes and try again.  The system is getting a LOT of requests right now, which is confusing it at times.

milon

@laney3214, I just got an update.  "Order status: initial" means the game hasn't been paid for yet on Luedon's end of things.  Some cards or payment options are just really slow to go through.  In that case, waiting is what will fix it.  Sometimes a payment gets kicked back and you'll eventually see it return to your financial account (or not go out in the first place).  If you can't tell on your end what the hold up is, email Ludeon support for assistance: [email protected]

laney3214

Quote from: milon on July 15, 2016, 05:35:28 PM
@laney3214, I just got an update.  "Order status: initial" means the game hasn't been paid for yet on Luedon's end of things.  Some cards or payment options are just really slow to go through.  In that case, waiting is what will fix it.  Sometimes a payment gets kicked back and you'll eventually see it return to your financial account (or not go out in the first place).  If you can't tell on your end what the hold up is, email Ludeon support for assistance: [email protected]
Thanks for your help, I saw what Tynan said and used my other email. It worked like a charm. Thanks again for your help.  :D

majorpickle01

I'm currently having an error i've not noticed any else post ,  I've gone through the sign in to steam and typed my email in the box, to which i get "This purchase email is already associated with a different Steam account." To my knowledge my steam and email haven't been hacked, and i also only have one steam account, so i have no idea how this could be. Any ideas?

ZachSmack

Quote from: milon on July 15, 2016, 03:52:02 PM
^ We've got you covered.  Head over to the Missing Your Download Email thread (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1875.0) and email Ludeon support.  Please also mention that you want to be able to attach this to your Steam account.  (It should go without saying, but we're all new to this process, and a little reminder is always helpful.)

EDIT - Thanks for the updated info.  I've updated the steps.  :)

Thanks for the timely reply, as soon as I got home I sent an email to the link you sent me, I'll let you know how it goes.

Iamasquid

Hi, I continue to get my download links and steam keys sent to me but it just keeps sending me my order# in their place, so I am not able to download alpha 14 or redeem the game on steam.  Im not sure if maybe im doing something wrong but i needs the help :D

masterfroglicker

Quote from: majorpickle01 on July 15, 2016, 06:41:17 PM
I'm currently having an error i've not noticed any else post ,  I've gone through the sign in to steam and typed my email in the box, to which i get "This purchase email is already associated with a different Steam account." To my knowledge my steam and email haven't been hacked, and i also only have one steam account, so i have no idea how this could be. Any ideas?

I'm also having the same issue. I've already sent a support email and just waiting for a reply.

BradAss Mofo

I can only get one email to work and all the others that I might of used say No orders for RimWorld were found under the email ______________. Please check that this is your exact purchase email. It must be exactly the same as you originally bought with, with the same letters capitalized. Try other capitalizations or emails that you might have used!

And with the one Email That worked I get "order status initial" and from what I hear this means I have not paid for the game??? I game of which I have been playing since 2014... I sent an email to the Support email but I just thought a double conformation on here would help, I would really love to play the game and leave a positive review, but I can't Until I get my steam key.