XML Auto-Documentation

Started by milon, July 15, 2016, 02:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: Dfid on November 20, 2017, 07:31:20 PM
I know it seems kinda nickpicky but it isnt A18 its B18 now.

Good catch, thanks. I'm about to leave town for US Thanksgiving, so I'll correct it after that if I don't forget. ;)

Heymom

How does this work? if i download the html page, its not translating the code. aka not much auto about it :D

kaptain_kavern

It's automatically made with a script, hence for the auto.

This is "just" a list of all XML tags used by the game

Heymom

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 23, 2017, 09:15:02 AM
It's automatically made with a script, hence for the auto.

This is "just" a list of all XML tags used by the game
Ahh, thought it was like a F1 ref. in compilers..

pliniojrm

Hi quick question, because there is not in documentation:
What are values for <eType> ?
---Edit---
Nevermind it! But the XML Auto-Documentation A18 need a revision to add this:
List of <eType>:
Undefined, Pawn, Item, Chunk, Apparel, Equipment, Filth, Fire, Corpse, Puddle, DropPod, Medicine, Plant, Floor, Roof, Mote, Blueprint, Projectile, ItemSkyFalling, Ethereal, Rock, SteamGeyser, BuildingComplex, BuildingInert, Frame, Wall, Door, Bed, Building_Table, Building_PowerPlantGeothermal, Building_PowerConduit, Building_Battery, Building_ResearchBench, Building_Turret, Building_Chair, Building_Cryptosleepcasket, Building_TempController

ilikegoodfood

Hi, this is a fantastic tool that I have only just started using, should probably have started with it earlier, and I had a thought...

I assume that this code is directed to the RimWorld Core folder and parses the information from the XML files.
Would it not be possible to target it to the RimWorld Mods folder and have it parse mods in addition to the Core folder?

I don't know how much work would be involved in that or how useful it would actually be, but I figured there was no harm in suggesting it.

Thank you for this fantastic tool.

milon

@pliniojrm, I'm back from my hiatus now. I'll look into that, thanks for the suggestion.

@ilikegoodfood, yes it's an automated tool that I made. It shouldn't be hard to point it at Core or even a specific mod, but that would only yield info about any mods I have installed. And I typically run less than half a dozen mods. I could release the tool, but it's Windows-only and I don't want to have to support it too, lol.

However, anyone who PM's me can get a copy of it for their own (unsupported) purposes.  ;)

milon

Quote from: pliniojrm on February 26, 2018, 06:28:54 AM
Hi quick question, because there is not in documentation:
What are values for <eType> ?
---Edit---
Nevermind it! But the XML Auto-Documentation A18 need a revision to add this:
List of <eType>:
Undefined, Pawn, Item, Chunk, Apparel, Equipment, Filth, Fire, Corpse, Puddle, DropPod, Medicine, Plant, Floor, Roof, Mote, Blueprint, Projectile, ItemSkyFalling, Ethereal, Rock, SteamGeyser, BuildingComplex, BuildingInert, Frame, Wall, Door, Bed, Building_Table, Building_PowerPlantGeothermal, Building_PowerConduit, Building_Battery, Building_ResearchBench, Building_Turret, Building_Chair, Building_Cryptosleepcasket, Building_TempController

I'm finally working on this again. IRL has been incredibly hectic lately, and still kind of is.  ;)  Anyway, what version of RimWorld are you running?  There's no <eType> currently in it, there hasn't been for a long time.

milon

Oh, look!  An update!  :D
Public beta 1.0 is uploaded!
Find it in the first post.

milon

SickBoyWi

This was insanely helpful! You have no idea. After searching for hours for an example of what I was trying to do, I finally decided to actually look up the XSD files. You are a life saver!

milon

TheMysticDreamer

milon

PM is better for me than a regular post.  I'm pretty much never around here anymore, mostly due to IRL stuff.

Anyway, I think Beta 19 was quite similar to 1.0, but maybe not 100%.  And I actually migrated from Windows to Linux several months ago, and totally forgot about this.  It's definitely a Windows-only tool, but when I have some time I'll use Wine or ReactOS to create an XML doc for 1.0.  I doubt I'll be supporting it beyond that, but the tool itself is still available for anyone who is interested.  (It's just an XML parser script for RimWorld.)

EDIT - I updated the OP to include a link to the tool itself, and the script language necessary to run it.

EDIT 2 - Updated again.  Version 1.0 is out.  Sorry for the delay!

niciusb

For anyone interested, I have recreated this project from scratch using nodejs, with many modifications.
In some ways it's better, in some worse. I have uploaded a version with the xml from the core 1.0 game: https://balbona.me/rimworld-data-extractor/core/ and another one using the Hardcore SK modpack: https://balbona.me/rimworld-data-extractor/hsk/
Ultimately, I would like to use it to generate auto-updating wikis of materials for construction, smithing, etc. But I don't understand enough about how the whole mod system works.

Check the github repo for the code, contributions welcome!