bandage Bruises?

Started by ShadowWolf2289, July 15, 2016, 05:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowWolf2289

I was thinking about how you need to bandage a bruise. I mean I understand like if its a wound that's bleeding but if its like a punch or a hit from a club where its just black and blue why would you need to bandage it? am I not getting some kind of medical knowledge that some people know or am I within reason here? Just asking because I am playing the game on steam after playing for a long time off of it and when I run out of meds and they get a infection because of poor bandaging and die its kind of angering.

BlackSmokeDMax

I usually set Medicine to off for everyone. Then if they get a wound I decide whether or not they get any type of medicine before treatment. Bruises/cracks I treat with no medicine. Any bleeding wounds get medicine and priority treatment.

Mathenaut

Depending on how bad it is, you usually want to keep it under pressure or possibly lance the swelling if it gets bad enough.

ShadowWolf2289

hmm did not know that thank you.

Wex

Usually you also put on it some kind of ointment, and the bandage prevent the ointment from scrubbing off.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

DariusWolfe

FWIW, it's not really "bandaging" so much as it's just "treatment". The icon is a bandage, but it's really just whatever treatment is appropriate for the wound. For a bruise, you might be putting ice on it to reduce swelling, maybe a topical anesthetic, etc. For a hematoma (basically a really serious bruise) you'd probably want a little more serious treatments.

If you don't treat bruises, they normally do go away on their own, though they take a little longer than otherwise.